• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Bought a case of .380 from ammo jon ( always a pleasure) and took a few boxes to the range along with my 38 year old interarms walther ppk/s, made in usa.
    Aside from a small cut on the web of my hand, this little gun shot very nicely for a design that is older than 80 yrs. no FTF or FTE with FMJ 95 gr. I will test it using golden saber 102 gr JHPs, and i want to shoot it side by side with my G42 but it is heavier than the 42 by almost 8 ozs and i suspect it will stay in the safe given the weight vs power.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    That is my carry gun when I'm in a state where I can carry. Very cool little pistol. Yes it is heavy for it's size.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Bought a case of .380 from ammo jon ( always a pleasure) and took a few boxes to the range along with my 38 year old interarms walther ppk/s, made in usa.
    Aside from a small cut on the web of my hand, this little gun shot very nicely for a design that is older than 80 yrs. no FTF or FTE with FMJ 95 gr. I will test it using golden saber 102 gr JHPs, and i want to shoot it side by side with my G42 but it is heavier than the 42 by almost 8 ozs and i suspect it will stay in the safe given the weight vs power.

The cut is due to the gun not the ammo ;)

noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    My little Walther, a 1940-vintage PP my uncle brought back from the European Unpleasantness in 1945, is stupid accurate and has a marvelous single-action trigger pull. I often wished though that the German he took it from had opted for a .380 not a .32.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Years ago I saw a guy shooting a PPK/S rip the skin from his hand from holding a high grip on the piece...lotsa blood...wasn't pretty. It's definitely a pistol you need to be sure to hold properly. Like M1 thumb it needs to happen only once and you don't do it again.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    My little Walther, a 1940-vintage PP my uncle brought back from the European Unpleasantness in 1945, is stupid accurate and has a marvelous single-action trigger pull. I often wished though that the German he took it from had opted for a .380 not a .32.

I have a PPK/S in 380, but I much prefer a PPK in 7.65. That's the round the gun was designed for, and very pleasant to shoot, and easy to shoot well. There's no comparison - the larger caliber pistol is unpleasant to shoot and subject to smokestack jams at the first sign of limp-wristing. I'd never consider using it as a carry gun.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I had one. While it was accurate the beating your hand tends to take from shooting even low recoil HP defense rounds was enough for me to sell it off in less than 6 months. Better of with a Glock 43 and my DW Commander in 9mm.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I have a PPK/S in 380, but I much prefer a PPK in 7.65. That's the round the gun was designed for, and very pleasant to shoot, and easy to shoot well. ...

I want one of those too. As well as a Colt 1903 hammerless in the same caliber.

My only current PP is in 22LR and nicely accurate.

IMG_20190303_152444~2.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    1. I prefer the grip of the PPK/s ( or PP) to the true PPK.
    2. I would rather have a 7.65 than a 9mm kurz( generally, and Walther in particular ).
    3. They bite . 1 magful wouldn't bleed much , but any range session would need a shooting glove .

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    The ppk/s was my carry gun in the early 80s. My other was an AMT backup with clear grips. Sold the amt last year. The ppks has resided in the safe but it is nice sculpture for sure. Hard to believe a sw bodyguard and a lcpii fire the same 380 rd. But the walther sure is nice industrial design. Can’t justify carrying the walther with the small 9s like g43 or the 380s like g42.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I have a 1970 Interarms import in .380 I'm getting ready to sell. I bought it years ago but could never make myself shoot it because the there is almost zero wear:

P1150444_zpssgguso38.jpg

P1150443_zpsjwwhyoit.jpg

P1150440_zpsyc7ua7jm.jpg

P1150439_zps0oy83zxs.jpg

P1170783_zpsbrrhkl6t.jpg

P1170784_zps6pagaaai.jpg

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I had one. While it was accurate the beating your hand tends to take from shooting even low recoil HP defense rounds was enough for me to sell it off in less than 6 months. Better of with a Glock 43 and my DW Commander in 9mm.

Which is why I just LOVE my PPK/S in .22LR. :D

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I have a 1970 Interarms import in .380 I'm getting ready to sell. I bought it years ago but could never make myself shoot it because the there is almost zero wear:

P1150444_zpssgguso38.jpg

P1150443_zpsjwwhyoit.jpg

P1150440_zpsyc7ua7jm.jpg

P1150439_zps0oy83zxs.jpg

P1170783_zpsbrrhkl6t.jpg

P1170784_zps6pagaaai.jpg

Yours is Really nice. Mine is usa made for What’s the mkt for these? Box and all?

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I honestly don't know because you don't see them this complete, in this condition, at this age very often. Mine is missing the test target but is otherwise complete. A 1970 (same year as mine) in similar recently sold on GB for $1299 but it had the test target. the box was nicer and there were three extra magazines. I would value mine at around $900. Without the box, the value drops significantly. This is true of the extras too like the cleaning rod and extra magazine. Manuals can be found cheap enough but they can be hard to find.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I honestly don't know because you don't see them this complete, in this condition, at this age very often. Mine is missing the test target but is otherwise complete. A 1970 (same year as mine) in similar recently sold on GB for $1299 but it had the test target. the box was nicer and there were three extra magazines. I would value mine at around $900. Without the box, the value drops significantly. This is true of the extras too like the cleaning rod and extra magazine. Manuals can be found cheap enough but they can be hard to find.

That's why I save my boxes. My accessories however have been mixed in with my other gun tools. I still have em, might be tough to find though :o

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If memory serves from looking back at old ads in old gun mags online; I think Walthers have always been some what expensive, esp. when you adjust the prices to today's dollars.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    1. I prefer the grip of the PPK/s ( or PP) to the true PPK.
    2. I would rather have a 7.65 than a 9mm kurz( generally, and Walther in particular ).
    3. They bite . 1 magful wouldn't bleed much , but any range session would need a shooting glove .

YES to #1!!! I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

The PPK/S does not bite my hand (even the older ones w/o the beaver tail), but my hands are slightly less than the average size so I think I am under the slide bite threshold.

For personal defense, I like 380. For plinking, I like 32 ACP.

Actually I wish I had the 22 LR version for plinking; even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom