• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    My P365 is new and not yet shot, but does anyone else have to give the magazines a good bump to get them to lock in the firearm, after loading? I do. It's more than I have to exert with other pistols, however, they do lock in.

Yes, initially. They will break in, or rather the pistol will.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Anyone see any deals for the P365? $499 isnt bad, but $399 would be better...

IP DK Firearms in VA, $454.99 with coupon code GETA365. Have it shipped to Gym Ratz in Mechanicsville pay $30 for the transfer and then $10 for the 77R, all in at $494.99

Attachments

• 2ACAEE55-43A9-4794-8483-7961D1027E88.jpg
      2ACAEE55-43A9-4794-8483-7961D1027E88.jpg
      34.3 KB · Views: 251

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    IP DK Firearms in VA, $454.99 with coupon code GETA365. Have it shipped to Gym Ratz in Mechanicsville pay $30 for the transfer and then $10 for the 77R, all in at $494.99

Love Gymratz. But if you’re not right nearby, you have to take into account TWO round trips to his neck of the woods. If you’re north of the beltway, you could walk into Atlantic and get one for five bucks more than that. If your time and fuel are worth something, you need to do all of the math.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Masada tactical was $530 plus tax and $10 in early May. unless its something i can’t find locally, and need to ship, or C&R i like to buy local for that reason. Few bucks more but you have someone to help if things go wrong. Continental Arms was posting in the store $550 + around the same time.

marc0nline

Mar 24, 2019
    Southern Maryland
    Gym Ratz isn't the closest, I pass at least 5 other FFL's, going to them. They aren't the cheapest, I pass at least one FFL's that charges $25 (for handguns). If you buy directly from them they are usually the cheapest for out the door pricing on rifles and handguns. I go there because John and his family are some of the nicest people I've ever met. If I'm going to send my money customer service and attention to detail counts and they have that in spades at Gym Ratz. 37 mins door to door and worth every second!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    John is great and has separated me from some money for sure. But depending on the traffic, it’s a three hour round trip. So, math!

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    On a transfer from another dealer, how much time does the maryland dealer have to spend to do the paperwork? Seems like it take forever to go thru the process, tying up an employee or the owner in a small shop. If you buy from the dealer, it usually charges only the MSP fee, the dealer hopefully makes a profit on the sale ( small on new guns i am told), pays the rent and stays in business. Geez, we don’t even have a dealer in balto city. Let’s keep what we have in business.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    On a transfer from another dealer, how much time does the maryland dealer have to spend to do the paperwork? Seems like it take forever to go thru the process, tying up an employee or the owner in a small shop. If you buy from the dealer, it usually charges only the MSP fee, the dealer hopefully makes a profit on the sale ( small on new guns i am told), pays the rent and stays in business. Geez, we don’t even have a dealer in balto city. Let’s keep what we have in business.

Dawn of the Cop Shop is working with ATF to get her FFL. It was in Sam's name so she had to give it up and reapply under her own.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Dawn of the Cop Shop is working with ATF to get her FFL. It was in Sam's name so she had to give it up and reapply under her own.

Hope she reopens. Any idea where? I had heard from another ffl in balto co that the rent was too high in her locale and after sam died she was done when the lease ended. She did run the store thru about march and sam died in dec; she was still selling guns post sam’s death. I called re a blue label something or other and she only had 43s BL. But she was selling.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Bought the SIG P365 with manual safety. Thought I’d practice with some A-Zoom 9mm Snap Caps. Dropped a single snap round into chamber, and released slide , which did not go all the way forward. Looked at the snap cap and it looked to NOT perfectly seat by approx. 1/16 to 1/8”. Thinking the problem was with snap cap, I inserted a live 9mm round. Same exact result as snap cap. Tried another live round, but made no difference. I haven’t contacted SIG yet, because I might be overlooking something. Perhaps diameter of bore is restrictive? Don’t know. So, all is not perfect with the P365’s. Let down with so much good hype about this new pistol.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Bought the SIG P365 with manual safety. Thought I’d practice with some A-Zoom 9mm Snap Caps. Dropped a single snap round into chamber, and released slide , which did not go all the way forward. Looked at the snap cap and it looked to NOT perfectly seat by approx. 1/16 to 1/8”. Thinking the problem was with snap cap, I inserted a live 9mm round. Same exact result as snap cap. Tried another live round, but made no difference. I haven’t contacted SIG yet, because I might be overlooking something. Perhaps diameter of bore is restrictive? Don’t know. So, all is not perfect with the P365’s. Let down with so much good hype about this new pistol.

Never drop a round in the chamber and drop the slide, really rough on the extractor. Feed from the mag only. It'll probably work fine if you do.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Never drop a round in the chamber and drop the slide, really rough on the extractor. Feed from the mag only. It'll probably work fine if you do.

This. Gun is fine. Take it to the range and shoot it. Don't drop single rounds into the chamber.

As an aside, this may be the single most irritating thing about the stupid bore locks. It's almost impossible to install without snapping the extractor over the rim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom