What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I haven't had a chance to look at any of the powered case prep tools yet. Last night I got the wife to size, trim, and deburr 50 rounds of .303. About halfway through trimming, I mentioned that I was looking into getting a machine to make that job easier. She said something to the effect of, "You mean there exists a machine that will do this for us...and we do not have it yet?"

Hey, a little bit of premature thumb arthritis makes the machine all the more appreciated, right? :shrug:

CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    It was actually yesterday but, I just reloaded my first round of 9mm. It was going so smoothly until it wasn't!!!! After I smashed the first 6 rounds, I realized that I forgot to chamfer the case mouth. Pulled the 6 bad ones, popped the good primers, emptied the other 44 and started all over. Now I have 50 bright and shiny new rounds to try out.

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    Wet Tumbled brass today and fixed my vibratory tumbler. Wire pulled from the connector. Back in business again

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Loaded about 70 round of 6.5CM to do the ladder test with. I'm using hornady brass for the 40.0-42gr ladder but also loaded 20 rounds @ 41.9gr( hunch this will be my load) in virgin lapua SP brass.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Loaded about 70 round of 6.5CM to do the ladder test with. I'm using hornady brass for the 40.0-42gr ladder but also loaded 20 rounds @ 41.9gr( hunch this will be my load) in virgin lapua SP brass.

I think you are going to like that Lapua SP brass. Did you pick them up on sale from Midway? Also what projectile are you using?

I’m seeing consistent 2800 fps with 140g RDF’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Finally got my new-to-me power case trimmer set up. Many thanks to RCBS for providing a bunch of repair parts at no cost - even when I offered to pay.

Next time I have some quality time, I'll try to finally tune my Lee progressive to 9mm perfection.

Attachments

• reloading bench.jpg
      reloading bench.jpg
      77.8 KB · Views: 235

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I think you are going to like that Lapua SP brass. Did you pick them up on sale from Midway? Also what projectile are you using?

I’m seeing consistent 2800 fps with 140g RDF’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought them in bulk(I might have a problem lol) from Bruno I believe, been a while. 140gr eld

Attachments

• 20170411_191921.jpg
      20170411_191921.jpg
      59.2 KB · Views: 247

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I bought them in bulk(I might have a problem lol) from Bruno I believe, been a while. 140gr eld

OK so if what I read is true some people are claiming they have been able to reload the Lapua brass 20 times. So If I’m doing the math correctly, you’ve got 20,000 rounds worth of ammo. You’ll need about $7500 in projectiles and about $8500 worth of barrels to use them to their fullest potential.

It’s true what they say, reloading saves you money, in your case LOTS of money.

Enjoy!

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    OK so if what I read is true some people are claiming they have been able to reload the Lapua brass 20 times. So If I’m doing the math correctly, you’ve got 20,000 rounds worth of ammo. You’ll need about $7500 in projectiles and about $8500 worth of barrels to use them to their fullest potential.

It’s true what they say, reloading saves you money, in your case LOTS of money.

Enjoy!

I've got 12 loads on my lapua for my target gun. I'm due for annealing soon though. 20 loads might be stretch, but I'm gonna see how many I can get.

I bought when they announced "limited run" of SP 6.5CM, I didn't wanna run out haha.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Stabbed myself in the thumb with my Hornady deburring tool, again. On the bright side, 50 LC14 7.62 cases were annealed, resized in a 300 Savage die, trimmed, deburred, and primer pockets swaged then uniformed, giving me usable 300 Savage brass.:thumbsup:
    Time for bed.

MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    It was actually yesterday but, I just reloaded my first round of 9mm. It was going so smoothly until it wasn't!!!! After I smashed the first 6 rounds, I realized that I forgot to chamfer the case mouth. Pulled the 6 bad ones, popped the good primers, emptied the other 44 and started all over. Now I have 50 bright and shiny new rounds to try out.

Chamfer the mouth on 9mm? I’ve never done that. Why?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Loaded up 200 rds, .45acp, 185gr Berry's SWC.

I finally got around to anchoring my loading bench into the wall today. I thought was pretty solid and stable before, but I can definitely tell a difference.

Spur

May 1, 2011
    Harford County
    Prepped and primed about 60 Carcano 6.5 X 52 shells for a 1917 Special TRoop Rifle. Prepped and primed about 150 shells for 6.5x 55 for my 1919 Swedish Mauser. Tomorrow will be powder and seating, next week hopefully range work to check my loads. This was a good use of a rainy day.

MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    Loaded up 200 rds, .45acp, 185gr Berry's SWC.

I finally got around to anchoring my loading bench into the wall today. I thought was pretty solid and stable before, but I can definitely tell a difference.

Getting ready to do that as well. Was thinking of also anchoring to the floor (cement) but not sure it’s needed. Thoughts?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Getting ready to do that as well. Was thinking of also anchoring to the floor (cement) but not sure it’s needed. Thoughts?

My bench is on carpet and has packages of bullets stored on the lower shelf. I've not had a problem with the bench scooting, so in my case attaching it to the wall was the only thing I needed to do. I just wish I would have done it 6 months ago when I bought the masonry screws for the job!!

MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    Did you use anchors? Which screws? The blue masonry ones? Mine is on carpet over cement, and up against a cinderblock wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom