• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • martman

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2017
    Just wondering if any clubs in the area have many people interest in NRA/CMP service rifle matches. I used to shoot NRA smallbore in high school, I want to get back into competitive shooting... If the 'rona ever ends anyway.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    There is a match series competed at the AGC (believe it’s the mad Rifle Club which hosts) and out in Cumberland @ Ft Hill Rifle Club.

I’ll see if I can find links, etc.

There may be others. I’ll add them in if I can find an old email

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    The AGC runs a very good highpower program. They even have shotmarker electronic target scoring so, no pit duties! Problem is they decided to shut down. According to the AGC web page, the decision to close was mainly due to the fact that they pay the amusement tax. Why they do that is beyond me but, apparently any place that pays this tax was ordered to close until the governor's order is recinded. Guess they don't know the difference between a range and an amusement park. Contact for the AGC high power chair is:
    high_power@associatedgunclubs.org

Ft Hill is also closed according to their website. Do a simple search for Ft Hill gun club, Cumberland Md.

Last edited:

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    To add to the information above:

Fairfax Rod and Gun Club in Manassas VA has a great 200yd program

FR&GC Linky

I used to shoot there as a junior back in the 70's (M1 Garand and M1A). Their range was very nice at the time, not sure now haven't been back in about 4 decades.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I shoot the Fairfax Rod & Gun matches. There are usually 20-30 shooters per match day for the spring league matches. They're NRA rules, 500 agg. Monthly matches are 800 agg, and attendance can vary, but is still pretty decent. In the fall, they do a vintage rifle series of four matches with CMP rules, Course B (500 agg, all SR). I'd say there are probably 15-20 shooters per match.

The targets there are supposed to be the same elevation from the firing line as at Camp Perry.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    SLCFSA also has high power type matches. They are shot at 100 yards.

Open to non-members.

They also hold vintage sniper rifle and antique (pre-1900) matches.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    SLCFSA also has high power type matches. They are shot at 100 yards.

Open to non-members.

They also hold vintage sniper rifle and antique (pre-1900) matches.

I am a member and as soon as the shoots are back ope, I hope to start shooting Hi Power there and learn...

Spur

May 1, 2011
    Harford County
    Delta Peachbottom F & G Club have 100 yr. reduced NRA matches on Saturdays monthly during the summer and early fall. Check thier WEB site. Also Seizland RC have 200 yd reduced monthly during the summer, again check thier WEB site. New Holland PA have full yardage(600)during the summer, as does Bridgeville Deleware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom