• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Politicians have no fear of passing these laws because there is no repercussions. If a law is overturned, the politician suffers no harm from the courts, voters, or gun owners.

That right there is exactly the problem. The vast majority of politicians are going to get re-elected no matter what they do. There is no downside to them passing whatever laws some billionaire or PAC wants them to implement.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    If they can't change my mind with their words why would I think that I can change their mind with my words?

Perhaps it was just a matter that enough strongly worded letters were not written. We need more people calling and writing.

I get frustrated that there is no enough solidarity. IMO, people are still to comfortable to change things.

I still see SCOTUS talked about all the time. How often does scotus get involved and how long does it take. They would be busy for the next 20 years undoing all the wrong/bad laws that have been put out there and they simply can't/won't/don't do it. It's to expensive and time consuming for the average person to play court games. Only lawyers like to play court games as it's how they get paid. A citizen just wants their freedom and liberty.

Cops, have no duty to protect says SCOTUS:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia
    Yet the gov is allowed to stop you from protecting yourself. Thanks SCOTUS
    TBH, I don't want the cops to protect me as it is my job to protect myself and my family. Nor would I want to grow gov to the point where there are enough public servants to protect/watch me 24/7 for privacy reasons and for cost/tax reasons just to name a few.[/QUOTE

Many people here disagree with my opinions on how these gun-grabbers should be handled. I predict another feckless opinion from the Supreme Court sometime in June on the current case that is before them. It will give States just enough wiggle room that they will still be able to pass the same sort of controlling legislation that removes our rights. When that happens I believe it's time to use the Second Amendment for which it was written for. 40 years of writing letters writing emails making phone calls rallying in the capitals has done little to nothing 2 stop the infringement let alone roll back any. It just seems to me that many gun owners don't really give a rat's butt about future Generations holding on to their second amendment rights. There's a reason why our founding fathers put the Second Amendment into the Constitution. And right now we are seeing exactly why. How many people have been victims of violent crime and have died because they we're not allowed to exercise their Second Amendment right? What is the target number for removing these tyrants. 50000? 500000? 5 million? How many people have to be victims? Is it fair to Kick the Can down the road and make future generations of Americans fight that fight? Because that's what it's going to come down to. There's no way around that. If we want to hold on to our Second Amendment rights we are going to have to fight for them and I'm not talking about at the voting booth. It's clear that the left is never going to stop attempting to disarm the American people even if the court ordered them not to pass any more gun control bills and that's not going to happen. The only way this ends in our favor is to remove those who are violating our rights and yet few if any so-called 2nd Amendment supporters are willing to actually stand up against a tyrannical government. What's it going to take? I'm guessing it'll never happen. So tell your children and their grandchildren that eventually they are going to have to give up their second amendment rights because that's really where this is heading. Go ahead and Flame me I know you want to but deep in your heart you know I am right and if you don't well go ahead and turn your guns in now

While I understand your frustration, what are you doing besides thumping your chest and basically belittling those members who are making lawful attempts to change things and be heard?

At least they're addressing the correct individuals, you seem to just come on here and blast those who are trying. Then, you talk about standing up to a "tyrannical government" like you're some character from Red Dawn who's fighting in the hills. You of all people, who identifies himself as a former cop, should know better. There is no real winner in the type of actions your words seem to indicate that you desire and venting in that fashion really doesn't help even if it in some twisted way makes you feel somehow better or more empowered.

I certainly don't say it enough but I definitely appreciate the guys and gals who make those trips to protest and speak on "our" behalf when I'm not able to.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    It’s time for step two in Virginia, county militias. It’s a requirement of the Virginia Constitution, Article I Section 13. fred55

There were several county militia musters this weekend. Several more in the next month - including one in my county. I understand that there's going to be a statewide meeting of all of the county militias towards the end of the summer. :patriot:

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Because the Democrats know that if and when the sanctuary County argument goes before the court they will win. We are a country of laws and the law in Virginia says that the legislature in Richmond makes the defining laws for the state of Virginia. As much as you want the sanctuary movement to work it's probably going to lose. The Democrats are counting on that just like they're counting on another fact list opinion from the Supreme Court in June.

Actually we aren't a country of laws, we are a country of political will. And we don't have the political will to stop or change this, never really have.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    We need SCOTUS to stop this stuff asap.

Pipe deam i know but one can hope

Nobody

Your average American already has exactly the means to stop this stuff starting with their vote and finishing with the Wisdom of our Founders.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    There were several county militia musters this weekend. Several more in the next month - including one in my county. I understand that there's going to be a statewide meeting of all of the county militias towards the end of the summer. :patriot:
    How does one find out what counties are forming up? Thanks

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

I’m not sure honestly. I have a burner account on FB and joined various groups. Bedford, Campbell, Nelson, Tazwell, Culpeper, Augusta - one or two in Southside. I’m sure there’s more, but I can’t recall at the moment. What county are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA

Contact someone on the county Board of Supervisors and ask if they have discussed a militia. Contact one of the pro-militia organizations and ask if they are working with any counties. You may or may not get a true answer though... fred55

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom