Handgun transfers Kent County/Queen Annes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I searched the recent posts on the Eastern Shore forum and didn't see anything in the past few years. For transfers coming in from out of state, what are the choices above Kent Island?

Mr.Smalls

Mar 24, 2017
    Queen Anne's
    Fred's still around but he's appointment only. Molly's is also good but they charge 100.00 transfer fee. There are a couple of others near centerville but I can't remember their names.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Check with Brighton's on Kent Island. I have only visited there twice and never asked. Seem to be nice people though. It appears they are only open Thurs-Sun.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Fred promptly and politely responded to my email. He's still kickin' and transferin' Very convienent to my students.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    martin at himmel firearms at thecrumpton auction bldg. Also a 01 FFl who works out of his home in centreville just north of the town. His name and tele Royce herman 410 991 2203. New shop on kent island. Brightons, i think its called. Let us know how you fare.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Thanks for the many responses

If the HB0004 long gun crap goes thru in this session and becomes law in October, my partners and I will consider opening a new FFL in Kent County to facilitate transfers in that area. If some kind of LGQL becomes the law, we will also offer the class for it there as well.

Let's hope this does not come to pass.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Did he ask that you beep when you were in the driveway so he could get a visual? A trip to Fred's used to be an adventure.
    Good to hear he's still kicking.

Haven't been to see him yet, busy building new target stands for my next CCW class and getting the classroom stuff for each student

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    A trip to freds is a 2 hr journey...once u arrive. Mark, do you do ccw renewal classes and where.

Yes in the Worton ZIP Code area. PM me about when you need the class. I have a new CCW class going next weekend, but it is filled.

RSshootingsports

Industry Partner
    Mar 13, 2011
    Centreville MD
    Let us know if we can help at all. Admittedly, we are not on here nearly as much as we should be. We felt it was very important to support this site as we have been part of it personally for a long time. That is why we wanted to be a IP here.

Mark, what you are talking about doing is what we did. Just got sick of having little to no options close by and decided to start our own home base FFL. $35 is what we charge for a transfer and we will accept from an individual with a photocopy of a drivers license. We have several distributors and do our best to match online pricing, but do not really stock anything other than AR lowers and a few long guns at this time. It is more of a passion project for us that we hope one day can turn into a full on gig with a real storefront. My partner and I both work full time so our hours are all appointment only, but we usually can be pretty flexible between the both of us.

I could go on but I am trying not to jack your thread. Hit us up if you have any questions. 443-967-1032, sales@rsshootingsports.com Facebook and Instagram @rsshootingsports. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom