• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rcbrownr7

Jun 15, 2017
    Annapolis
    My license was approved and set to active last Thursday. I have been expecting it and then today saw an old thread saying they only mail them on Fridays. I gave them a call and this is correct. They then said mine wasnt mailed on Friday and must have been missed and will be mailed tomorrow.

What kind of ******** is this? What makes them unable to send mail more than one day a week like every other agency or business? I am all for gun control but this is nonsense and feels more like laziness than anything else.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    My license was approved and set to active last Thursday. I have been expecting it and then today saw an old thread saying they only mail them on Fridays. I gave them a call and this is correct. They then said mine wasnt mailed on Friday and must have been missed and will be mailed tomorrow.

What kind of ******** is this? What makes them unable to send mail more than one day a week like every other agency or business? I am all for gun control but this is nonsense and feels more like laziness than anything else.
    Welcome to firearms politics in Democrat super majority

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore

I agree, Its total ********!!! Somehow the licensing division with MSP has forgotten that they are public servants!!!! Their arrogance is disgraceful to those who wear the same badge with dignity.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County

What kind of ******** is this? What makes them unable to send mail more than one day a week like every other agency or business? Gun control is nonsense.

FIFY

Rcbrownr7

Jun 15, 2017
    Annapolis
    I agree, Its total ********!!! Somehow the licensing division with MSP has forgotten that they are public servants!!!! Their arrogance is disgraceful to those who wear the same badge with dignity.

So the person who does this on Fridays...what are they doing the rest of the week? Part time position maybe? Just makes you wonder

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    So the person who does this on Fridays...what are they doing the rest of the week? Part time position maybe? Just makes you wonder

To me it doesn't matter. They made HQLs a function of MSP. They work for the taxpayer. Why inconvenience a law abiding taxpayer that they are paid to serve? Rhetorical question, I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but you get the point.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019

Probably just stacking up the papers and not mailing them honestly. Many there would like to add as much delay as possible just to deprive you of your 2A rights.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Perhaps a query to your legislators - or to a pro-2A legislator if you are one of the unlucky many - might prompt a query to the higher-ups in MSP to examine the situation. After all, your legislators are public servants too, and presumably care more about your opinion than the unelected MSP bureaucracy.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013

Deal with it, then.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Probably sending the MDGA ideas for new gun control laws that you’d be ok with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    In all fairness here, this is what gun control looks like. The gov controls your access to them and you can only get them when the powers that be decide you are fit. Does this seem like a good idea to you still?

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

2A COTUS... is all the gun control we need. It’s what is supposed to control the government and stop them from taking our guns.

randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    It's gun control. It's the thing you're for. This is the implementation of the thing you're for and now you're complaining about it. Dwell on that for a bit.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Probably just stacking up the papers and not mailing them honestly.

I’m not a conspiracy guy but I am cynical about the “work ethic” and the “that’s our policy so that’s what we do” ideology of government administrative workers. So this is the image that comes to mind for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    I’m not a conspiracy guy but I am cynical about the “work ethic” and the “that’s our policy so that’s what we do” ideology of government administrative workers. So this is the image that comes to mind for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't know from first hand experience, but my gov friends all have stories of the absurdities of "superior government efficiency". My favorite I've heard is shipping a presentation poster on a pallet so it wouldn't get bent.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Welcome to "gun control" glad you like it so much, because there is bound to be MORE if you are not fighting against ALL of it.

The Founding Fathers understood this and clearly wrote a Constitutional prohibition on the "nonsense" in your gripe.

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    Every member of the licensing division that I talked to was awesome and super helpful(except for one lady that answered and was a huge bitch).

Wear and Carry was approved March 12. I didn't get it for more than a month. They were helpful and sent another copy. I ended up getting both copies in the end. They did say that the mail room is only staffed once a week due to the pandemic.

HQL approved May 9th and still not here. Most of the folks at the licensing division are great....we all just picked to live our lives in a shitty state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom