• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    More than just sending the letter, you need to get this message out to everyone you know - or everyone you know who knows others - who shoot, or keep and HD gun around the house, or have a sleepy grandpa with a varmint .22 in the garage. Everyone with a slicked-up turkey gun. Everyone who's ever (or might) go to some trouble to really clean up the trigger on Dad's old 1911. Everyone. On FB, I shared MSI's post of this same info, with some context and thoughts of my own. I almost NEVER talk guns on FB, as it always stirs the pot. But this is one of those occasions where the people who need to see this info might see it through my action, and the people who see my stuff but hate guns (and gun owners) might pause for a moment to realize what an absurd, Kafka-esque thing has been done in their names.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    More than just sending the letter, you need to get this message out to everyone you know - or everyone you know who knows others - who shoot, or keep and HD gun around the house, or have a sleepy grandpa with a varmint .22 in the garage. Everyone with a slicked-up turkey gun. Everyone who's ever (or might) go to some trouble to really clean up the trigger on Dad's old 1911. Everyone. On FB, I shared MSI's post of this same info, with some context and thoughts of my own. I almost NEVER talk guns on FB, as it always stirs the pot. But this is one of those occasions where the people who need to see this info might see it through my action, and the people who see my stuff but hate guns (and gun owners) might pause for a moment to realize what an absurd, Kafka-esque thing has been done in their names.

Thank you.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I thought the address in the letter was for BATFE HQ at 99 NY Ave., NE, Wash DC

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
    99 New York Avenue, NE
    Washington, DC 20226

from the MSI letter

per post #568 this is field office.

From their home page....

and thanks to MSI for continuing the fight on behalf of us all! :party29:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    That's HQ not the Baltimore Field Office

It says "Field Operations" on the web page

but ok, I see your point, it could also be "Enforcement Programs and Services" or Human Resources...

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
      Capture.jpg
      72.5 KB · Views: 673

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No I think it is MSI’s intention that they go to HQ. BATFE leadership will have to decide where they ultimately end up.

Just my non legal opinion however

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Typos on the press release...I know it was rushed out so no criticism, but figured you would want to know.

"And even [if] you aren't convicted"

paragraph 3 sentence 4

"We are encouraged by some [of] the judge's remarks made at the hearing"

paragraph 5 sentence 4

annnd…. bump

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So this is a CYA for exactly one year. And if Maryland goes full retard, "they" now have a record of which doors to kick down.

Anything I missed?

Yes. You missed the fact that the ATF has said they won't accept, or process these applications. On their end of things, it's a totally meaningless exercise. The only reason you send this (and make a record that you did) is in anticipation of some future (between now and Oct 1, 2019) legal jeopardy that might personally haunt you because a LEO on a bender gets you into trouble because you did something reprehensible like... putting a better quality trigger in your pistol. If you own guns in Maryland, you're already on plenty of lists.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And it’s a letter to request possession. Doesn’t say you do or you don’t and no serial numbers involved.

I see no harm in complying with the Judge’s order if it keeps you out of legal jeopardy after Oct 1.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    “RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR” MEANS ANY DEVICE, PART, OR COMBINATION OF DEVICES OR PARTS THAT IS DESIGNED AND FUNCTIONS TO ACCELERATE THE RATE OF FIRE OF A FIREARM BEYOND THE STANDARD RATE OF FIRE FOR FIREARMS THAT ARE NOT EQUIPPED WITH THAT DEVICE, PART, OR COMBINATION OF DEVICES OR PARTS ANY DEVICE, INCLUDING A REMOVABLE MANUAL OR POWER–DRIVEN ACTIVATING DEVICE, CONSTRUCTED SO THAT, WHEN INSTALLED IN OR ATTACHED TO A FIREARM:
    (I) THE RATE AT WHICH THE TRIGGER IS ACTIVATED INCREASES; OR
    (II) THE RATE OF FIRE INCREASES.
    (2) “RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR” INCLUDES A BUMP STOCK AND TRIGGER CRANK, TRIGGER CRANK, HELLFIRE TRIGGER, BINARY TRIGGER SYSTEM, BURST TRIGGER SYSTEM, OR A COPY OR A SIMILAR DEVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE PRODUCER OR MANUFACTURER.
    (3) “RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR” DOES NOT INCLUDE A SEMIAUTOMATIC REPLACEMENT TRIGGER THAT IMPROVES THE PERFORMANCE AND FUNCTIONALITY OVER THE STOCK TRIGGER.
    (N) “TRIGGER CRANK” MEANS A DEVICE THAT, WHEN INSTALLED IN OR ATTACHED TO A FIREARM, REPEATEDLY ACTIVATES THE TRIGGER OF THE FIREARM THROUGH THE USE OF A CRANK, A LEVER, OR ANY OTHER PART THAT IS TURNED IN A CIRCULAR MOTION.

This seems to be very specific about only covering "devices" or "parts." I think oil and lubrication is well outside the scope of the law. Let's not add to the circus by making this cover what it doesn't.

“RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR” DOES NOT INCLUDE A SEMIAUTOMATIC REPLACEMENT TRIGGER THAT IMPROVES THE PERFORMANCE AND FUNCTIONALITY OVER THE STOCK TRIGGER.

That seems to resolve the aftermarket trigger issue.

I got this text from https://legiscan.com/MD/text/SB707/2018
    and clicked on the Maryland-2018-SB707-Chaptered.pdf
    As near as I can tell this should be the final text of the signed law. Is there an updated version which stripped out the aftermarket trigger waiver?

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Tell that to the federal judge who definitely disagrees with you.

Yep. Armchair commentators vs a sitting federal judge. Hmm ... whose advice should I take? My letter goes in tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom