• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok , I saw Cstone's recommendations in post #11 , and imeadately clicked to buy 3 . I deliberately haven't used the Evil A for a while, it seems s@@t has changed .

I remembered my account and password . But I can't do anything w/o responding to the email sent to my address . I can't access my email until after the Zombie Apocalypse . Clicked to " call " Customer Service , but you can't do that unless you log in first , which was the whole problem in the first place .

I Hate f' ing Amazon .

So any links to those or similar , from normal websites , that will take my plastic themselves ?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Ok , I saw Cstone's recommendations in post #11 , and imeadately clicked to buy 3 . I deliberately haven't used the Evil A for a while, it seems s@@t has changed .

I remembered my account and password . But I can't do anything w/o responding to the email sent to my address . I can't access my email until after the Zombie Apocalypse . Clicked to " call " Customer Service , but you can't do that unless you log in first , which was the whole problem in the first place .

I Hate f' ing Amazon .

So any links to those or similar , from normal websites , that will take my plastic themselves ?

Email addresses are free and take seconds to set up. Create a new one on Yahoo or Gmail just for your online shopping. Then shop Amazon with that new email address. Hard to imagine your previous shopping there involved an email address you can only access from one physical place, but with Gmail or Yahoo you can interact with a mailbox from anywhere you have a web browser handy - including on your phone. It’s trivially simple.

On your central complaint: Amazon is trying to protect you from having someone else using your older account there. That’s a good thing.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Actually several , but finite . Including the home , but the home connection/ computer is so slow, it takes several hours for the email to open up . The other usual options closed for the Zombie Apocalypse .

Yeah, yeah , I'm a paranoid Luddite , and I'm comfortable with that . I just want to buy useful crap from a freestanding vendor .

Or for that mater, what happened to " complete as guest " ? Other than paying monthly bills , I'm finding accounts are more hassle than they're worth . I'm not constantly buying from the same sites , and usually by the time I go back b, it will have expired , or been closed for inactivity .

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Actually several , but finite . Including the home , but the home connection/ computer is so slow, it takes several hours for the email to open up

When you set up a freebie email account for this purpose, DON'T USE A LOCAL EMAIL PROGRAM THAT HAS TO SYNC WITH A MAIL SERVER. Just point your web browser at gmail.com and interact with with that mailbox using your web browser. It's no different than using this web site. It's just a web page. Will work even on slow internet.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    The $20 each price is VERY good for these, but exactly what would one do with (5) 4 watt tranceivers with cheesy antennas and less than mediocre sensitivity?

You do the things that you would hesitate to do with your nice Kenwood, Icom or Yaesu:
    - ammo box repeater
    - toss one in your car and your wife's/husband's car, "just in case"
    - a "carrot" to get your kids working on their Technician licenses
    - amateur radio experiments ... hack 'em
    - loan to your deadbeat BIL when he asks to borrow a radio

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    The $20 each price is VERY good for these, but exactly what would one do with (5) 4 watt tranceivers with cheesy antennas and less than mediocre sensitivity?
    BTW not true about the sensitivity. Just measured mine again, .15uv (-120dbm) receive sensitivity, just as good as more expensive radios.

Selectivity a different matter, that sucks being a SDR based radio with essentially no bandpass filters.

Still great for $20 each, as much as I am hating Chinese stuff right now.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    BTW not true about the sensitivity. Just measured mine again, .15uv (-120dbm) receive sensitivity, just as good as more expensive radios.

Selectivity a different matter, that sucks being a SDR based radio with essentially no bandpass filters.

Still great for $20 each, as much as I am hating Chinese stuff right now.

Yeah, great price, but what does one person do with 5 of them?

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    For an AM/FM/WX/shortwave radio I bought a Kaito KA600 and I love the thing. Good sensitivity and several bands to choose from with very easy to use features. $99.00 on Amazon.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads