• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    When do you this will be held again? When you say AGC members and guests can shoot, that means member brought guests right?

See the attached Action Shooting Schedule . January 5th is the next steel challenge and January 12th is the next 3 gun. All of this is dependent on weather, specifically if precipitation. We were not able to get grass to grow during the drought of 2019, and so things get muddy and dangerous when we get rain. Its starting to look like we are going to have to cancel this weekends 3 gun, which is a shame because we are up to 29 shooters.

Your best bet is to subscribe to our email list by visiting the following website. All things Action Shooting are communicated there.

https://associatedgunclubs.org/action_shooting/

Attachments

• 2020 Shooting Bay Schedule.pdf
      183.8 KB · Views: 114

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    When you say AGC members and guests can shoot, that means member brought guests right?

Guests are allowed to take part in action shooting events without a member sponsor. In fact, roughly half of our shooters are non members; at this point anyway.

Here is a copy of the Action Shooting Mission Statement
    Generate a positive cash flow for the AGC via increased annual badge sales and event fees. This will be accomplished by helping to create Maryland’s premier action shooting facility/program and do it in the most efficient/safest manner possible.

Badge Holders receive a 50% discount on match fees compared to non badge holders. We allow guests and charge them double in hopes that they will join a club and buy a range badge We realize that there are shooters that live too far away to make a range badge feasible. Those folks contribute to the AGC by paying the higher fee.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Including the Tuesday/Thursday evening practices on the schedule?

Yes to the Thursdays. I do not believe I put Tuesdays on the schedule. Those are hosted by Arlington Rifle and Pistol Club and are open to all badge holders, no matter what club. I do not believe they have opened that up to non badge holders as of yet.

brianong18

Nobody
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    See the attached Action Shooting Schedule . January 5th is the next steel challenge and January 12th is the next 3 gun. All of this is dependent on weather, specifically if precipitation. We were not able to get grass to grow during the drought of 2019, and so things get muddy and dangerous when we get rain. Its starting to look like we are going to have to cancel this weekends 3 gun, which is a shame because we are up to 29 shooters.

Your best bet is to subscribe to our email list by visiting the following website. All things Action Shooting are communicated there.

https://associatedgunclubs.org/action_shooting/

Thanks. Going to try to make the January 3 Gun match. Any USPSA matches in the future?

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Thanks. Going to try to make the January 3 Gun match. Any USPSA matches in the future?

USPSA is on the radar but not anytime soon. We have our hands full with IDPA, 3 Gun, and Steel Challenge and are trying to get those programs on cruise control before taking anything more on.. That time frame could be reconsidered if someone qualified were to step up and offer to run the entire program soup to nuts.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    USPSA is on the radar but not anytime soon. We have our hands full with IDPA, 3 Gun, and Steel Challenge and are trying to get those programs on cruise control before taking anything more on.. That time frame could be reconsidered if someone qualified were to step up and offer to run the entire program soup to nuts.
    Mike, I am fully retired now and after the first of the year would like to see if more folks can get involved helping with action sports. I am in New Windsor, about 30 mins door to door.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Mike, I am fully retired now and after the first of the year would like to see if more folks can get involved helping with action sports. I am in New Windsor, about 30 mins door to door.

Thank you. We will take all the help we can get. We are an all volunteer group and guys get worn out after awhile.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Just got the email: Cancelled. :( I completely understand...still a bummer though :shrug:

Yep. I stopped by the fields last night and they are super soft. That coupled with the fact that it is going to rain Friday and Saturday made the decision kind of a no brainer.

Look on the bright side, you finally get to sleep in.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Yep. I stopped by the fields last night and they are super soft. That coupled with the fact that it is going to rain Friday and Saturday made the decision kind of a no brainer.

Well, in two weeks I will have my CZ pistol slide milled for a red dot and my competition legal CZ Scorpion rifle in 9mm will be in. Prepared for January across all 3 events. Happy Holidays...

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

That was on the schedule as soon as the time slot was opened ;)

:fingerscrossed: for 1/12/20

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom