• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mesmithwesson

Jan 8, 2013
    Didn't some mt airy officials ban some guy from opening up a gun shop?

Sort of. They banned him from smithing out of their home that is within town limits. Any gun shops or smithing can occur only in the downtown economic whatever zone.

[Rhetorical] I wonder if they’d even let a new shop open up? [/Rhetorical]

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Voting for a governor is like picking Verizon or AT&T. Both suck hugely. Sometimes they suck a little less when trying to gain market share. Then they got back to sucking.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yep im really raising the BS Flag :bs: really high here. Hogan is not a friend to us here in the 2A community at all. Remember his family situation at home and how much she is against guns at all. That is all I am going to say about that....

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Mine also came from Mr. Landon. Oddly enough it came to my junk folder :lol2:
    Here is my response to him, not that it will get to him.

Mr. Landon,

Thank you for your note.

I respectfully disagree that due process is protected under this law. Punishment (property taken) is allowed before any legal determination is found by a court. Ensured by the 4th Amendment, due process protects seizures of privately owned property until or unless someone is found to be a danger to society by a court of law; after they've had the chance to defend themselves against charges. Innocent until proven guilty.

Also, the person (not the weapon) should be addressed when these concerns are raised. Under this law, if somebody has been reported as being a potential threat, the state comes and seizes that persons firearms and ammunition. What about their car? What about knives? Razor blades? Baseball bats? Items which could be used to make explosives such as gasoline? All of these things can be, AND ALREADY ARE, used by people to commit suicide and intentionally injure/kill others by criminals. But no, only take the guns, leave the real threat in place (potentially more angry because his property was just taken). Why? If we are truly concerned with what these folks could potentially do, why not confiscate everything they possess which could be used to hurt others? Why not place the person under control? After all, the issue is the person, not the tool.

Nope, this is nothing but another attack on citizen's 2nd Amendment rights; being cloaked as "common sense" and "reasonable". Seems pretty funny these laws are being proposed and/or passed in many states around the country. And every one is being financed by Michael Bloomsburg's "Everytown for Gun Safety", the most anti gun rights and anti 2nd Amendment groups in the country.

While it sounds and seem reasonable to the uninitiated and uninformed voters, it's as plain as day to every gun owner and gun rights group. Sorry, we're informed and recognized this travesty for what it is. I voted for Gov Hogan in 2014 and every Republican gubernatorial candidate since I was old enough to vote. After seeing Hogan surrounded by "Moms Demand Action" folks (another rabidly anti 2A group) during the signing of this un-Constitutional law, smiling like he was in his glory, I've come to know who's side Larry Hogan stands with and it's not mine. He think he can win without gun owners? We'll see. He has lost my respect, my support, and my vote. I hope he reflects on his stance on this issue when he loses his bid this fall.

Please feel free to share this with the Governor if you think he even cares at this point.

Regards,
    Bisleyfan44
    Salisbury, MD

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    A guy like Hogan is the worst type of he makes promises and says the right thing all the while dividing subsets further. There are many that are Hogan bucket carriers saying he is better than a Democrat. At least democrat will galvanize his enemies, Hogan just threw a grenade into the barracks.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Excellent response Bis! I wish I could put my thoughts into words as good as you do.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    I get the dissatisfaction with Hogan's support and active non-support with the signing of this bill, but I'm afraid the alternative will be measurably worse. I may be wrong, but hasn't the HPRB dramatically changed it's approach under Hogan? I just think if we fail to re-elect him, the next Democrat Governor will push us pass NY and CA for lunacy.

I'd appreciate any thoughtful responses. I just got finished reading the closed thread on Bill signing that got a member or two banned. I don't want to take this sideways, just wondering what's the alternative if we don't support Hogan?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I get the dissatisfaction with Hogan's support and active non-support with the signing of this bill, but I'm afraid the alternative will be measurably worse. I may be wrong, but hasn't the HPRB dramatically changed it's approach under Hogan? I just think if we fail to re-elect him, the next Democrat Governor will push us pass NY and CA for lunacy.

I'd appreciate any thoughtful responses. I just got finished reading the closed thread on Bill signing that got a member or two banned. I don't want to take this sideways, just wondering what's the alternative if we don't support Hogan?

I agree that Hogan will be the best choice in November. It's a shame that in Maryland we always have to settle for the guy who's not as bad as the other

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    There are no better options. But we have to quit rewarding the "lesser of two evils" with our votes, especially a backstabber on "our" side. Rewarding the backstabber because he is the best option is sad and weak. He is not an option; he is no different. I can't see how a democrat winning would result in much difference from what Hogan has done TO us. Excepting reduced CBB tolls.

The only solution is to choose better in the primary, i.e. Charles Lollar or locate somebody that could mount an effective primary challenge....too late this time, though.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Hogan is the same, so a democrat is actually better.

With Hogan you have the other elected republicans going along as well in order to not make their guy look bad. At least with someone else in office the other republicans would put up some fight, if not because of where they stand on the issues, but to fight back against the other side.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Hogan is the same, so a democrat is actually better.

With Hogan you have the other elected republicans going along as well in order to not make their guy look bad. At least with someone else in office the other republicans would put up some fight, if not because of where they stand on the issues, but to fight back against the other side.

:thumbsup:

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD

If the HPRB overturned every decision of the MSP it would be s pittance. We're talking maybe 120. The HPRB is bait to get you to vote for Hogan. Because in short, it makes no real difference.

Also, if there was a Democrat as governor, the bills passed would be crazy and more easily overturned. I'm not sure by helping with these bills we don't do ourselves more damage. Just some thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom