• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I love Merryweather. Been about 100 shows. My favorite ever was Mumford and Sons a couple years ago. OAR had some good shows back in the day. I am STOKED for Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds next month. Also hitting up Dispatch which should be fun.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    I was there! We were damn near front row. Job for a Cowboy was there as well. Sick band. It was incredible seeing Mustane that close jamming his ass off.

Could you see the guy in the chicken suit running all over the place under the pavilion?

Yeah, Job For A Cowboy was there too. Have a pic of them. But yeah, the show as great.

That chicken dude has been around at shows in the Baltimore/DC areas for a while at that point and I think it's still a thing. I think I remember a chicken guy (may have been different dude) at the Overkill/Kreator show I saw at Baltimore Soundstage.

Good times.

Attachments

• JfaC Guitarist.jpg
      JfaC Guitarist.jpg
      15.8 KB · Views: 171

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I was there for that same show! Good times. Plus many other shows

I was just telling someone at work about the Manson set a few weeks ago. He opened with the fog and the graveyard scene to "If I was your vampire" and it was pretty great. Then the giant rocking chair.

What a great show. Slayer was just cool to see but basically stood there the entire show. But then again, its Slayer. No stage show needed.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not that I went to a lot of big concerts, but the best multi group concert was at Merriweather 1992.

Doug Stone ( trivia question, wife liked him at time)
    Kentucky Headhunters
    Hank Williams Jr

Close behind , in same era at Merriweather was :

Jerry Jeff Walker
    Emmylou Harris

I was one of the few people equally enthusied about both of them. About half of the Jerry Jeff fans left after his set.

bmonast

Feb 1, 2011
    Gamber, MD
    Wife and I very much like Merriweather. Used to see Buffett there annually until he pulled out. Saw Furthur there when they were touring. This summer we have Jack Johnson coming up on June 11 I believe. If you all enjoy MPP then, in our book anyway, Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison CO should be on the bucket list. Last fall we saw Buffett and Brantley Gilbert out there. Amazing place.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    The last show I saw was Chicago & the Moody Blues...

It was a great show, probably in the mid 90's...

We were mid way down the slope with the smoke from hundreds of joints drifting down the hill behind us & at our backs...

The good old days...

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I love Merryweather. Been about 100 shows. My favorite ever was Mumford and Sons a couple years ago. OAR had some good shows back in the day. I am STOKED for Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds next month. Also hitting up Dispatch which should be fun.

Saw that show also. Hope you were under the pavillion for that one, man what a downpour!

I had a pretty significant motorcycle accident a few weeks before the concert and had skin grafts on my left leg. I showed up at the gate with a folding camp chair and they said no can do, no chairs allowed. I explained that I just recently had a few sugeries and couldn't tolerate sitting on the ground. She told us to stow our chair back in the car and come back to see her. We found her when we got back from the car and she asked for our tickets. She then proceded to give us tickets under the pavillion in exchange for our lawn tickets. Lucky for us too, because it rained like a scene right out of the bible.

Hats of to management there!

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Saw Black Sabbath there a while ago when Dio was still alive, that was a great show. Went to M3 fest one year when Tesla was the headliner I think. This summer looking forward to Greensky Bluegrass

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Seen many a band there. But the most fun was Buffett. Well a close second behind Suicidal Tendencies opening for Metallica after a night of rain. The lawn was fun that day my friends

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom