• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    Some armed citizen may have been able to help. Or locals thugs would curtail their activities "not knowing" who was armed...

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/new-york-congresswoman-grace-meng-mugged-in-dc

While I am not a supporter of crime I do think it is fitting that a member of congress who robs us everyday of the fruits of our labors gets mugged. I do believe that even if she had the right to carry a weapon with her she would not have done so due to political ideology . Most who live in DC would not choose to carry and I have to say that it would not of made much of a difference in the District of Criminals .

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County
    While I am not a supporter of crime I do think it is fitting that a member of congress who robs us everyday of the fruits of our labors gets mugged. I do believe that even if she had the right to carry a weapon with her she would not have done so due to political ideology . Most who live in DC would not choose to carry and I have to say that it would not of made much of a difference in the District of Criminals .
    She probably wouldn't carry, wouldn't have done her any good anyway as it appears she was surprised. But... if others around could carry it could have helped and/or thwarted the attack altogether. Studies prove that each state that has passed CC experienced crime declines after the law passed...

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    If the congresswoman were carrying: her gun would now be in the hands of her attacker. She lacks the good judgement and situational awareness necessary to carry a firearm.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013

^This

DC is a government feeding trough. Liberal government employees that in no way would carry even if they were allowed. Why do you think DC sucks so much? It’s not some magic formula, it’s because of the people that live there and the type of laws/government that they demand and vote for.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I disagree. We have seen story after story where anti-2A politicians are caught carrying handguns illegally for their own protection.

The political ideology of the left isn't that guns are bad...it's that guns are bad for US common citizens. The politicians and other "privileged" people can and should carry them because their lives are more important than ours, and because they are so much wiser than us and would never use them for ill-purpose like us plebs.

You are spot-on. Everyone wants a story like this to have some ironic, karma ending. Based on what occurred, she would not have been helped by being armed unless she had eyes in the back of her head, regardless of how anyone WANTS the story to end, nor is she likely to convert. Based on what IS known about most anti's your comments are very accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom