• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    Yes, for initial training and renewals. I found the owner to be a great guy. I did "one on one" training at my office and the live fire on my property. He was able to accommodate my schedule. He was an IP here, not sure if he still is?

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Top Notch

I used Fortress Training about 18 month ago, first for my HQL, and then for the CCW course.
    John/Fortress Training was very good.
    Not the cheapest course, as there are much cheaper classes, that shoot the minimum 50 rounds. Fortress Training has a 300 round course.

The gun rental and ammo are extra.

However, the extra cost is worth it, in my estimation. Highly recommend.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Yes, for initial training and renewals. I found the owner to be a great guy. I did "one on one" training at my office and the live fire on my property. He was able to accommodate my schedule. He was an IP here, not sure if he still is?

He was an IP, got into some stink, Allegedly attempting to take a firearm through Airport security. Wish him the best, it will be up to the jury soon enough.

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Recently?

He was an IP, got into some stink, Allegedly attempting to take a firearm through Airport security. Wish him the best, it will be up to the jury soon enough.

I heard him say that they found a loose round of ammo in his bag, but this is something quite different.

Since you said this will be up to the jury soon, I am guessing that it is fairly recent?

UPDATED: never mind. I just saw it on Casesearch. I hadn't spoken with him in about a year...

Last edited:

bobwilley

MD Wear/Carry Permit G19
    Feb 4, 2018
    Delmarva Peninsula
    Yes, I used John Finnessy of Fortress Training last July (2017) to take my Wear/Carry Training, submitted my VIP application and got approved for MD Wear/Carry Handgun Permit in November 2017.

Great service, very professional.

CBo

Feb 11, 2018
    Columbia
    I took his class for PCH (permit to carry handgun) last november. Its a family owned business so the environment is similar in that its not stuffy? Hard to explain, but all in all, he helped be obtain mine, explain the process etc. I would recommend, I havent taken other classes before or after so I cant compare but I dont remember having any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom