• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    You usually don't vote GOP but you are concerned with our 2A Rights in Maryland?
    That doesn't make any sense at all

It is possible that at the end of the day, on balance, he votes D. I know this is blaspheme, but 2A is not the only reason to vote for or against somebody.

I'm against school prayer, because I don't want somebody else to dictate to my kids who or what they pray to in school, yet I vote R because of 2A. Know any Ds who are for school prayer? I vote for Rs even though they are (generally) the party in support of school prayer. So I too am concerned about an issue but vote against it. It happens.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    It is possible that at the end of the day, on balance, he votes D. I know this is blaspheme, but 2A is not the only reason to vote for or against somebody.

I'm against school prayer, because I don't want somebody else to dictate to my kids who or what they pray to in school, yet I vote R because of 2A. Know any Ds who are for school prayer? I vote for Rs even though they are (generally) the party in support of school prayer. So I too am concerned about an issue but vote against it. It happens.

Plenty of "D's" for school prayer so long as it's anything but Christian prayer.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It's just bizarre reading some of the posts and comments on this thread.

You'd rather vote for someone who is clearly anti-2A (like former Gov O'Malley) than someone like Hogan who at least is neutral?

Those of you that think this way should move to the anti-2A Northeastern US.

O’Malley could not get confiscation without due process plus the bumpstock trigger law. Shyte hogan outdid O’Malley

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    He is a politician. my pants feel sticky and wet after this bill was signed.

Hogan played into the hands of the Dems here. Dems will not vote for him and now 2A people will not vote for either. See how easy that was to get him gone. Back to business as usual.

Gun owners got jammed in the **s

Just another RINO twat...

I had really hoped for more out of Hogan but he apparently is just another politician. Due process?? Stringent guidelines? Any judge in Maryland will take your guns in a minute and good luck getting them back in ANY type of reasonable period of time. And DON'T think you will get everything back either.

Since when did the Deputy Chief of Staff oversee the STATE POLICE???!!!!! They do not have the staff to observe stringent due process. They couldn't even handle HQL training and dumped that on NRP/DNR!

I usually don't vote GOP, but I voted for Hogan for one reason, and one reason, only: To protect my rights under 2A at the state level. Never again.:tdown::mad54:

What do you mean about this 2nd paragraph? I dont follow / understand...

You'd rather vote for someone who is clearly anti-2A (like former Gov O'Malley) than someone like Hogan who at least is neutral?

Allot of new members.
    Plus one post count!

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit

You’re right. 2A is not the only reason to vote for or against anybody, but anyone who doesn’t support all items in the Bill of Rights, or any of the US Constitution, is not worthy of a single vote.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico

Nobody is saying vote for the D; just don't vote for the R. In other words-don't vote.

"At least neutral"? Are you serious? You obviously have NOT been paying attention. He is NOT neutral by any measure. Your comment shows the depth of your knowledge, or serious lack thereof.

And we kinda already are in the anti-2A Northeastern US.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama

Maryland must have a different definition of "neutral".

S

sig226

Nobody is saying vote for the D; just don't vote for the R. In other words-don't vote.

"At least neutral"? Are you serious? You obviously have NOT been paying attention. He is NOT neutral by any measure. Your comment shows the depth of your knowledge, or serious lack thereof.

And we kinda already are in the anti-2A Northeastern US.

No one is saying vote for the D? Look through this thread. I saw several posts where they said they'd rather vote for the D instead of Hogan.

Let's approach this logically: You'd rather NOT vote at all, and in a state like Maryland where the anti-2A outnumber 2A rights folks by orders of magnitude, you'd rather not exercise your right to vote which means you're enabling the anti-2A crowd, and thereby you're giving in (by not voting). Versus voting for Hogan (or whomever else is running against the anti-2A candidate) who will be more friendly to 2A rights.

Yeah, real swift logic on your part...

JaegerJason

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 1, 2018
    No one is saying vote for the D? Look through this thread. I saw several posts where they said they'd rather vote for the D instead of Hogan.

Let's approach this logically: You'd rather NOT vote at all, and in a state like Maryland where the anti-2A outnumber 2A rights folks by orders of magnitude, you'd rather not exercise your right to vote which means you're enabling the anti-2A crowd, and thereby you're giving in (by not voting). Versus voting for Hogan (or whomever else is running against the anti-2A candidate) who will be more friendly to 2A rights.

Yeah, real swift logic on your part...

What part of "Hogan is taking away your gun rights" do you not understand? Talk about logic...

S

sig226

What part of "Hogan is taking away your gun rights" do you not understand? Talk about logic...

I did not say that. I said that other posters were saying they would vote for a D instead of Hogan which makes no sense.

What don't YOU understand about that logic? Voting for someone (a D) that wants to abolish all our 2A rights?

It's you nut jobs that give 2A supporters a bad name...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Please read Norton's (site admin) admonishment on the use of the word YOU when making references to other members.

You won't be here long if you don't.

CZ TAIJI

Sep 10, 2014
    brooklyn, md.
    Are you kidding? Judging by the comments I've seen in MDS, he's still getting their votes. Marylanders are a special type of stupid.

I ONLY signed in to agree with you as i have been saying this for 30 years and Baltimore is worse and i live here. It is also a reason why slick politicians can do as they please here, cronyism, look the other way corruption when it's the good ole boys, and the hammer of bs justice when it's not.

i here folks that come from other places say out loud how weird Md. is in the ways things are here while talking to their companions. This is a great state to get over in if you are connected. always has been too.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Using "common sense" is just their little way of letting you know that their opinion is the correct one and there's no use trying to argue with them because it'll just show your ignorance.
    Pretentious assholes do this all the time

No, " Common Sense" means " I cannot prove it but everybody knows it to be true". I believe the correct response is " then add a sunset provision to the rule. Since a constitutionally protected right is being infringed, if the rule cannot be shown within ( 1 year?) to have definitively provided the stated purpose ( reduced gun violence in the state by 5%) automatic repeal.

I find it very entertaining that the states with the most stringent gun control regulations also have the highest rates of gun violence. Perhaps the " common sense" response is to repeal all regulations and go shall issue. :rockon:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I've noticed an endorsement of the anti's "Newspeak" via catch phrases in several posts in addition to this one.

PLEASE - Call things what they really are!

Gun violence = shooting
    Common sense = because I say so
    Common Sense Gun Law = Civil Right infringement/elimination
    Reform = MY WAY

:mad54:

I also think anyone who is a single issue voter is intentionally uninformed. Mississippi is a 2A paradise, but you couldn't PAY ME to live there. I lived in Selma in 1968 and it was better than MS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom