• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    All of the farmers can refuse to sell to them. Quit frequenting any central Maryland business while there for work... pack a lunch. Establish a western maryland association and charge a toll to cross South Mountain. Choke the bastards out. Let the core rot even more and establish free zones.

Just ideas.

When you say "free zones," I think getting rid of firearm pre-emption(?) and letting the individual counties decide what works for them. I can imagine the nightmare that would be keeping up with each county's laws though.

Dr Dano HPR

Mar 4, 2013
    Towson
    my briilent idea is for harford county to join PA but we need cecil county to do it too, so we would be contiguous.

then balto county, balto city, howard and montgomery could be liberal heaven

like I told my delegates - harford and cecil counties are not, not Baltimore sity

Hey,
    I live in Balt. County and have Republican Dels. and Congressman (Harris) so I propose anything inside the beltway and south goes to the libs. I will leave it open to Gerrymandering to accomadate like minded thinkers in eastern & western Balt. Co.:rolleyes:

musketbal

Mar 26, 2013
    Somerset Co., Crisfield
    Hey guys.. The Eastern Shore of Maryland is in the same boat with you. Especialy the lower counties. I live in Somerset Co. and the only reason Annapolis gives a sh*t about us is Ocean City over here.I know of at least 2 times the Maryland's Eastern Shore attemted to leave Md. and become it's own state, to be called Delmarva. I believe it came very cloe by one vote.
    I truely wish we could or at least be obsorbed in to Virginia and Deleware. People don't care as long as they have their reality shows and contiue to take this Country for granted. We become fat and lazy since WW2 as a Nation.

Brent C.

Last edited:

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Thanks!

However, they did sponsor a Maryland Senate Bill - (SB 564) - that would have provided a question to be placed on the 1998 General Election ballot. The initiative would have tested the waters for the eastern shore to become its own separate state.

I really hope that they do this referendum again. It just might pass, and if it did, I would be all over it. The only way that it wouldn't pass, is if the three left wing I95 corridor counties wanted to keep us** under their collective thumbs for the purpose of continuing to milk us** dry.

**I say "us", as I am a PG county resident by zip code only, but not only do I not feel like part of the Bowie community, but feel disenfranchised as balls, especially after how the 23A gang voted to shred the 2A.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I live in Allegany County. Cumberland to be specific. I can be in WV in two minutes from my house and PA in ten minutes. I would gladly merge with either state. If someone wants to get the ball rolling on this, I am in. We need someone with a strong legal mind to get this started on a serious level.

BigBossMan

Mar 7, 2013
    Washington County
    We need to start somewhere. So we might as well start emailing the County Commissioners or Councils in our area. Here is the list.

Allegany County

Commissioner Michael W. McKay Commissioner.McKay@allconet.org

Commissioner Creade V. Brodie, Jr. Commissioner.Brodie@allconet.org

Commissioner William R. Valentine Commissioner.Valentine@allconet.org

Frederick County

Commissioner Paul Smith cpaulsmith@frederickcountymd.gov

Commissioner Blaine Young byoung@FrederickCountyMD.gov

Commissioner Billy Shreve billy@frederickcountymd.gov

Commissioner Kirby Delauter kdelauter1@frederickcountymd.gov

Commissioner David Gray dgray@FrederickCountyMD.gov

Garret County

Commissioner Robert Glen Gatto bgatto@garrettcounty.org

Commissioner Gregan Thomas Crawford gcrawford@garrettcounty.org

Commissioner James Michael Raley jraley@garrettcounty.org

Washington County

Commissioner Terry L. Baker tebaker@washco-md.net

Commissioner John F. Barr jbarr@washco-md.net

Commissioner Ruth Anne Callaham rcallaham@washco-md.net

Commissioner Jeff Cline jcline@washco-md.net

Commissioner William B. McKinley wmckinley@washco-md.net

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    W. md has been so shafted by gerymandering, lack of representation, and geographic isolation I think it may have a case.

Worth a shot at least. Maybe o'moron and his crew would then give you a millisecond of thought before shafting you more.

Probably say "don't let the door hit ya"

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    We need to start somewhere. So we might as well start emailing the County Commissioners or Councils in our area.
    ]

I like that you are trying to find a solution, but they are part of the political machine. I don't think that they would be willing to help or even like the idea. Keep trying though. I would like to see a serious effort made to make this happen.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I did some research on this, not much, but I think part of it is congress must agree to it and perhaps needs presidential signature. If I recall it is part of the constitution but I could be wrong. It would be nice to see this sort of thing work out.

BigBossMan

Mar 7, 2013
    Washington County
    I like that you are trying to find a solution, but they are part of the political machine. I don't think that they would be willing to help or even like the idea. Keep trying though. I would like to see a serious effort made to make this happen.

You will never succeed unless you try.

My email to all the Commissioners listed.

SUBJ: Western Maryland values are no longer shared by Annapolis

Dear Commissioners:

It is clear from recent events (gas tax, gun control, etc) that the values of Western Maryland are no longer shared by those in power in Annapolis. Too long has the rural areas of our State been dominated by those in the legislature who come from Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Prince Georges and Montgomery Counties. They do not represent us or our way of life and only see us as a source of revenue.

As an example, I cite Chairman Vallario's blatant vote fixing during the hearing on SB281. There is no representation of the people here, only O'Malley's agenda and it is disgusting and shameful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xge789Mo-c0&feature=youtu.be

I ask you to please consider breaking away from Annapolis to form our own state or merge with West Virginia, Virginia or Pennsylvania. I know what I suggest is extreme and fraught with many obstacles, but I firmly believe we will never be fairly and honestly treated in Annapolis so long as we remain part of the State of Maryland. It will be a long and tough road, but it is one we must travel.

It is said the journey of a 1000 miles begins with one step. I ask you to please take the first step and at least consider my words.

Thank you for your time,

BBM

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom