• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well I just got the last of the parts in for the piston upper build. Will start putting things together this weekend. Also have parts to re-vamp one of my SBR lowers. Going to put my old MVB stock back on it and fit it with a FosTech Echo II binary trigger.

Dave

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    Ever finish your build?

Or consider gas?

I have a 12.5” mid length with a govnah gas block - micro moa is out of business now, but this upper runs perfect and low recoil

My next set up will be a 14.5” midlength BCM enhanced fluted .750 with an SLR

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Dave, if you go with the Adams system, you will need to have constant access to the switch block. At least the very front of it.

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    I don't find the gas from a suppressed piston driven upper to be significantly different from my DI guns. I have an LWRC pistol and do like it due to the gases being vented under the handguard. The bolt carrier is a little cleaner though. I wish it had an adjustable gas block. The spring cup had to be replaced due to increased wear.

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    I don't find the gas from a suppressed piston driven upper to be significantly different from my DI guns. I have an LWRC pistol and do like it due to the gases being vented under the handguard. The bolt carrier is a little cleaner though. I wish it had an adjustable gas block. The spring cup had to be replaced due to increased wear.

The IC A5 models have an adjustable gas block. Do you have the 8.5” PSD?

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Well I just got the last of the parts in for the piston upper build. Will start putting things together this weekend. Also have parts to re-vamp one of my SBR lowers. Going to put my old MVB stock back on it and fit it with a FosTech Echo II binary trigger.

Dave

12.5" upper looks really good for $499 at Aimsurplus/Atlantic

27657922_10156043933309882_2164454471593971053_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom