• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Has anyone been to this range? I would like to go there but am wondering what regulations they may have as far as targets or anything else special I should know. I know at Elk Neck you need a certain sized target stand. Thanks for you help.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Unless it's changed recently: Paper targets, attached to the on-site plywood backers. Out to 100 yards. Rifles shoot through noise abatement tubes.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/western/greenridge.asp
    ...The 12-bench, 25-100 yard shooting range provides a safe, legal area for target shooting. The Green Ridge range is fully accessible and is open Wednesday-Saturday 10 a.m. to sunset, Sunday noon to sunset, and Monday from 10 a.m. to sunset. The range is closed on Tuesdays. Daily or annual permits are required and may be obtained from the headquarter. No automatic weapons permited.

Permit fees are: $5.00 per day and $25 per year. For anyone under 16 and over 64 the fee is $2.50 per day and $10 per year.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Has anyone been to this range? I would like to go there but am wondering what regulations they may have as far as targets or anything else special I should know. I know at Elk Neck you need a certain sized target stand. Thanks for you help.

Stands were proved the last time I was there although the ones for the 50yd and pistol positions are usually shot to sh|t. Paper targets only.

You have to shoot centerfire rifle from the bench only through a tube. BP, 22, and pistol you can shoot off-hand.

Bring a good stapler or duct tape, the >= 50yd target stands have a heavy rubber backing to stick targets to. 100 yard positions are plywood.

Be prepared for the bubba factor. People who show up without targets, with 10 kids, sweep you with their muzzle, shoot across lanes, handle firearms when others are down range.

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    I used to go there a lot when I lived out there. Once I discovered the Savage River range, I never went back to Green Ridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom