• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Hey all, not sure if i'm dropping this in the right section. I've researched a bit online and here's what I know. Some have had issues with the sights not being properly aligned, and something with a gas mechanical part (forgot the name). People who have had these rifles say one these issues were fixed, the rifle was great. I could only find about 4 people online who had this issue. Others who have the rifle say its great and they haven't had any issues. This M90NP is cheaper than the Windham WW-15 I was originally planning on getting. So, has anyone had any experiences with the gun? Thoughts?

Background since no one seems to know the gun
    -Built in Serbia
    -Imported by Century Arms
    -Currently suspended/discontinued
    -rare, hard to come accross anywhere
    -fires 5.56 and accepts m4/ar15 magazines
    -seems to be very durable and holds up well
    -basically a AK-47 that fires 5.56

Last edited:

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    a7d0ed76a9a2ff83c95e0652fcc51c48.jpg

AK47 style but doesn't fire 7.62.

I don't know why it'd be illegal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    "Zastava PAP" is listed as banned on the MSP firearms search: "Copy of an Avtomat Kalashnikov Semi-Automatic Rifle in any format"

However, no real AK comes in 5.56x45mm NATO. AK-101 and 102 come in 5.56 NATO, release date 1994. I could see other PAP models in 7.62x39 being copies of AK, not a 556 version. I would not take the online list as gospel since MSP has disavowed it and I know at least one other firearm was wrongly listed and subsequently fixed.

This is a tricky one. Atlantic does actually sell these, but I am not sure to Marylanders (http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com...th-ar15-magazine-adapter-detail.html?Itemid=0).

If I were the OP, I would call Atlantic or another MD dealer and see if they are legal to sell to Marylanders before I did the transfer. If a maryland FFL is selling it to you, it is probably fine. I don't know "3 R Guns of Hagerstown." I would not rely on a police officer say-so either, the laws confuse even them.

Even if these are not banned outright, still have to worry about the evilness test: detachable mag, folding stock, and flash hider. Based solely on the pics, the rifles seems to pass the evil features test.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    "Zastava PAP" is listed as banned on the MSP firearms search: "Copy of an Avtomat Kalashnikov Semi-Automatic Rifle in any format"

However, no real AK comes in 5.56x45mm NATO. I could see other PAP models in 7.62x39 being copies of AK, not a 556 version. I would not take the online list as gospel since MSP has disavowed it and I know at least one other firearm was wrongly listed and subsequently fixed.

This is a tricky one. Atlantic does actually sell these, but I am not sure to Marylanders (http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com...th-ar15-magazine-adapter-detail.html?Itemid=0).

If I were the OP, I would call Atlantic or another MD dealer and see if they are legal to sell to Marylanders before I did the transfer. If a maryland FFL is selling it to you, it is probably fine. I don't know "3 R Guns of Hagerstown."

Even if these are not banned outright, still have to worry about the evilness test: detachable mag, folding stock, and flash hider. Based solely on the pics, the rifles seems to pass the evil features test.

I know the PAP alone can refer to the 7.62 versions where as the M90, M90NP are 5.56. Might be some others. I'll call up atlantic if they're open

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    would the polish breyl be legal in that case because it shoots a 5.56 round?

I don't know much in regards to maryland's gun laws. So I don't know if ya'll are asking me these questions seriously or not. Never even heard of that one

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    So are 74's now good to go then too? I bet there's a lot of MD guys that would like to buy one.

ok, after some google searching I am wrong. the AK-101 and 102 come in 5.56 NATO. It was introduced in 1994.

That would put the M90NP definitely in the evil category.

I talked to a guy from 3 R Guns at the booth, he said he gets them in stock occasionally and always sells out, I would think that would hit towards it being legal. 3R Guns is listed on this forums somewhere, its a smaller time shop from what i've seen. Just while checking the gun out several people walked up and asked "this is legal?" or something along those lines. I wouldn't be surprised if the gun was listed falsely since they're so rare, I would would bet only a handful or less own them in MD. I know the PAP alone can refer to the 7.62 versions where as the M90, M90NP are 5.56. Might be some others. I'll call up atlantic if they're open

"Zastava PAP" is listed as banned on the MSP firearms search: "Copy of an Avtomat Kalashnikov Semi-Automatic Rifle in any format" See here: http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

Turns out, there was an AK101 and AK102 in 556 NATO. That would likely put this rifle into the banned by name category (technically a copy of a rifle banned by name).

I would definitely avoid this rifle, regardless of what some guy in a booth told you. There are plenty of good substitutes, even in 7.62x39. THe laws in MD are confusing, but I would urge err on the side of caution since it specifically says on line on the MSP website "Zastava PAP" is listed as banned.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    ok, after some google searching I am wrong. the AK-101 and 102 come in 5.56 NATO. It was introduced in 1994.

That would put the M90NP definitely in the evil category.

Turns out, there was an AK101 and AK102 in 556 NATO. That would likely put this rifle into the banned by name category.

I would definitely avoid this rifle, regardless of what some guy in a booth told you. There are plenty of good substitutes, even in 7.62x39. THe laws in MD are confusing, but I would urge err on the side of caution since it specifically says on line on the MSP website "Zastava PAP" is listed as banned

Until I get a definite yes or no, I'll probably lean towards no.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Until I get a definite yes or no, I'll probably lean towards the possibly regretable decision to buy it. Don't take offense, i'm a stubborn guy when I want something. I already put some money down on it too, not sure if I could get that back, but i'm on a tight budget to buy.

The MSP website says it's banned. You can call them monday and confirm it.

And: same warning I give to everyone with a low post count asking "is this legal" : You should also be aware that this is a public forum and discoverable. Law enforcement does read this board.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    The MSP website says it's banned. You can call them monday and confirm it.

And: same warning I give to everyone with a low post count asking "is this legal" : You should also be aware that this is a public forum and discoverable. Law enforcement does read this board.

Yeah. Thanks for the heads up. I'll ask around some more.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not just the AK-101,102. The Valmet came in 5.56 also. I shot one in early '80s, and think my friend had owned it for a while before that.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I would have thought banned too. The language in the statute is very broad. Caliber isn't the delineating factor.

If this turns out ok will have to have one for a blaster to take some of the load off my SLRs.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    I would have thought banned too. The language in the statute is very broad. Caliber isn't the delineating factor.

If this turns out ok will have to have one for a blaster to take some of the load off my SLRs.

I'll call some places tomorrow and check around.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'll call some places tomorrow and check around. I don't plan on staying in MD much longer if that makes a difference, just a few years

Yes, but as I said, now that you've posted on the internet, you may find those few years turning into 5-10 with parole for good behavior. You won't be hard to find, how many people are buying a Zastava PAP M90NP from 3 R guns in Hagerstown?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom