• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amickey1979

Feb 15, 2008
    Easton, ES of MD
    Looking to pick up a Ruger in 6.5CM. Will be mainly punching paper and max distance available to me is 500yds. Don’t need a NF or the like so I would like a decent scope, under $500, for accomplishing this. Any recommendations would be great.

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    6.5 optic choice

Looking to pick up a Ruger in 6.5CM. Will be mainly punching paper and max distance available to me is 500yds. Don’t need a NF or the like so I would like a decent scope, under $500, for accomplishing this. Any recommendations would be great.

My choice for my Ruger 6.5 CM was the Nikon ProStaff 4-12 ($199.90 at Amazon.com). I really like these, I have 4 of them on different rifles.

Attachments

• IMG_0072.jpg
      IMG_0072.jpg
      92.6 KB · Views: 219

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    I've got an Athlon and and SWFA. You won't go wrong with either one.

I think for your application, the fixed power SWFA's will do you right. I've got the fixed 12x and it works great. Decent glass, holds zero, uncomplicated reticle, and decent clicks on the turrets. The only drawbacks are my turrets are just the slightest bit mushy and there is no mechanical zero stop. There is an aftermarket kit that one of the members over on snipers hide sells for like 20 bucks. I have it and it works great.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I put an Athlon Argos 6-30x55 on my Ruger American Predator in 6.5CM and it was sub MOA at 200yds. In the next couple months I plan to get a chassis system for it and find a place to let her stretch her legs a little further.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    The Argos is great FFP option for the price, I also think OP would do well with the SFP Midas line since he is shooting paper.

I have the Midas TAC 6-24 and LOVE it so far.

rundownfid

May 3, 2010
    The first generation Vortex PSTs are being sold off now, they are a real value at their current price around $500. Not as nice as the 2nd generation scopes, but they are $1,000 which is pretty much what he first gens were a couple years ago.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Damascus
    The first generation Vortex PSTs are being sold off now, they are a real value at their current price around $500. Not as nice as the 2nd generation scopes, but they are $1,000 which is pretty much what he first gens were a couple years ago.

I'm planning to list my first gen PST this weekend. I upgraded it to the gen 2 and was going to research what they are going for. :)

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I bought 2 Vortex Viper BDC 6.5-20x44 scopes back when they were selling those off a number of years ago. One for my A2 6.8 SPC II AR and one for my Mossberg MVP in .223. I would think the current sell off of the Viper PST would also be a good deal. The Viper's were selling for $299 when I bought them at MidwayUSA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom