100.8 KB · Views: 263
    • 319FA82F-09E7-49ED-AC94-14AC131A430A.jpg
      319FA82F-09E7-49ED-AC94-14AC131A430A.jpg
      145.6 KB · Views: 280

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Going up Tuesday with the oldest kid. Wednesday weather is supposed to suck. Went last year during the week and had an amazing time. Goal is in the parking lot before 9:45, they open at 10 am. Got busy around lunch and petered out around 3 pm. Walked everything except the archery stuff.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I was at the show today and will be there tomorrow. Staying in Harrisburg for the night. The crowds were pretty bad, but it could have been worse and has been in the past for us. Got 3" of snow today in about 4 hours or so. The weather sucks but then it does every year.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Was a good show, took my 6yo boy, he loves the dog competitions and NRA/eddie eagle stuff. I didn't see Xtreme/Freedom munitions this year, usually raid them for a few thousand bullets, so was a little dissapointed they didn't show. Did get to handle a lot of stuff I wanted to check out, picked up a ZT knife $60 under the usual internet pricing from Five star cutlery. Got to chat with the Sig reps for some time about the 365, it's the real deal, left the show, called my LGS to get on the pre-order list, then took the boy to night ski at Roundtop.

20180203_120754.jpg

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    So one of the vendors posted on FB that the District attorneys detective went around the various booths at night (they supposedly are the ones providing night security) and this detective went through booths and confiscated some firearms.

Vendor did not post too many details other than a note was left and that he is contacting his attorney.

Thought it was interesting and wondered if anyone had any other info or hear something similar?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    So one of the vendors posted on FB that the District attorneys detective went around the various booths at night (they supposedly are the ones providing night security) and this detective went through booths and confiscated some firearms.

Vendor did not post too many details other than a note was left and that he is contacting his attorney.

Thought it was interesting and wondered if anyone had any other info or hear something similar?

Should not be to hard to catch the perp. There are plenty of surveillance cameras at the facility.

LEO's are being pulled in from all over to support the show, to include parole officers.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Should not be to hard to catch the perp. There are plenty of surveillance cameras at the facility.

LEO's are being pulled in from all over to support the show, to include parole officers.

Not perp, the detective left note supposedly saying contact their office.

No warrant sounds like theft to me.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Not perp, the detective left note supposedly saying contact their office.

No warrant sounds like theft to me.

Which is why I called him a "perp". Taking things is also called stealing.

PA does not have a gun lock law, nor does Harrisburg have any such ordinance. All firearms displayed at the show, are supposed to be disabled. That would be the show promoter's responsibility to check, not a LEO after hours.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Went today, good show and had a decent time. Show tip, go later in the day. Many vendors said the show was empty after 5pm and they close at 7pm. We got there at 9:45 and were parked on the main lot within 100 yards of the exhibition bldg. Went out for lunch at noon and some folks were already leaving so we relocated within 50 yards of the door. No line after 10:15 and the crowds died down after lunch. Picked up a little around 3:30 and we left around 4:30 as it was clearing out.

Shocker of the day was seeing the certificate of origin on the purty blue Mustang said the trans was sourced from China...

Picked up another 80% lower for a pistola build and the kid bought a bag of P-mags. Overall good time and it got the juices flowing fondling so many nice firearms.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    We just got back from a tiring but productive 2 day visit.
    We booked our Montana Elk hunt, said hi to the guy who was great to us as an Africa outfitter and interviewed approx. 20 Alaska outfitters.
    We're totally lost on the Alaska trips and it will take a lot of research to sort out all the various vendors.
    We did find the boat-based hunting trips mostly located off the southern coast of Alaska most intriguing.
    Oh and the visit to the Sig booth was also great.
    There was also a laser training system that looked like it could help with handgun shooting; the wife & I had fun trying to hit multiple green dots with a handgun chambered with a laser.
    There was also the usual complement of outdoor gear to ooh and ahh over.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish

Not to be confused with........
    Is concealed carry permitted?

Concealed carry of personal firearms is permitted in the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex with the proper license in accordance with Pennsylvania law. When carrying your firearm, always adhere to all federal, state and local laws.

https://www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/faq/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom