• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I wanted to take a moment and say thank you to everyone here. I love the feedback and support.

Rock on guys!!!

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    Well, I've only shot it once, and I haven't shot a 5.56 in ages, so my opinion might not be the most accurate. This one is direct blowback, recoil was not at all objectionable.. Now that I have a range I can spend more time, hopefully I can change that ! But best I can describe it, not snappy, more of a shove. You can tell there's some weight moving inside ☺

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    Here's a quick shot of it..

Attachments

• 20180226_183001.jpg
      20180226_183001.jpg
      64.4 KB · Views: 194

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Very interesting to know about the mags. I'm looking to build or buy a 9mm AR and was looking at Glock mag ones only. Part of the reason is because I have a Glock 17, so mags are interchangeable. Now if someone could point me in the direction of a reasonable priced 9mm AR or a complete kit and/or parts kit...

You can buy most everything you need from PSA for an AR-9 including complete uppers and complete lowers. I just built mine from scratch since I had some AR parts that would work for it.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I just changed some major parts on my Glock compatible AR-9. Decided it was too heavy. So replaced the barrel with the ULW Taccom barrel, which is a 5.5" 9mm barrel and a pinned and welded aluminum shroud to makes the total 16" and saves at least a pound if not more. Went back to a regular AR stock and buffer tube (mil-spec tube and Safariland Super Stock) from my all metal MVB SMG stock. Added Taccom polymer mag funnel, and extended charging handle for my side charging Spartan upper. Also bought one Taccom mag connector so I can build a 48 rd. mag. Just the thing for PNTC Super Steel.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I have the 9mm insert from PSA but I don't think they sell them any longer. I had to drill and tap the front of the mag well and put a set screw in to hold the insert in place. It has worked great for many trips to the range. The upper is also a PSA product as well as a heavy buffer. Come to think of it so are two of the magazines. I'm really happy with this set-up. Wish I could find another one of those inserts to have as a spare.

Daytona Tactical has one for $70:

https://daytonatactical.com/collections/9mm-parts/products/9mm-drop-in-magazine-conversion-block

I have no idea who really makes it but I bet it's not a Hahn for that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom