• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ok 1st off I know the star model BM isn't a C&R pistol, that said the Star model B has been on my short list but then the Star model BM has popped up and has peaked my interest and was wondering if anyone had any insight on the two is one better than the other or more sought after for some reason. The model B is around $250-$300 from what I have seen but the BM is going for $199 at the moment.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I think there was a thread on this or a few posts somewhere already but I'll give my own experience.

If you have a C&R, you can save the fees (about $50+) from sending to FFL and doing MSP paperwork. So add that to the BM price.
    On the other hand, I got my BM from 2A sales for $269+tax+$MSP but I was able to hand pick from the 6 they had.
    I fondled the 6 BMs and each had different amounts of wear and scratches, no different than a B you would get mailed to you. (luck of the draw).
    I was also at the York show a few weeks back and a guy had a case of BM pistols. they were similar.

The BMs you see for sale in surplus like mine will have the Guardia Cival stamp milled out (you can see 2 circles on the right side of the Slide and receiver).
    A Star B may or may not have stamps from Germany, Israel or Spain.

IMO, My Star B and my Dad's Star B both have lighter crisper triggers. At the range, I can shoot my Star B more accurately than the BM due to the trigger.
    We both had mag issues as Star B are known for. We both purchased after market mags that work much better. Some people say to use steel case ammo if you are shooting where it is allowed.
    Star BM is out the door more reliable because they fixed many of the feed issues after the Star B.
    BM is shorter barrel so you have the reduced sight radius
    BM is a newer model

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I see a Star B in the classifieds !

EDIT: no I don't. @ $250 it is gone

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics