• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rafster63

Aug 1, 2017
    ...with legal Maryland Wear and Carry permit, carry concealed on the beach?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Tough to do in a banana hammock. I once knew an FBI agent who used a locking bank deposit bag to keep it out of the wrong hands, and keep the sand out of the action.

ajmc

Jun 27, 2018
    I wouldn't carry on the beach, but that's just me based on what I like to do while I'm on the beach. I like to get in the water and take a snooze from time-to-time, and obviously being armed in the water and/or armed while sleeping and surrounded by other beach-goers is a no-no. I definitely would not consider leaving my firearm unattended on the beach among my other belongings while I was in the water, regardless of how well I had the firearm secured/packaged/hidden. My guess is that you've already considered these issues and you're not planning on getting in the water or napping, best of luck with your decision.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Yeah yeah yeah i get it, it’s your right BUT if you feel the need to CCW on the actual beach you might need to rethink your vacation plans.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I already conceal carry on the beach even before I got my permit , it makes a difference on swim trunk choice . Yes it is a deadly weapon ...:innocent0

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yeah yeah yeah i get it, it’s your right BUT if you feel the need to CCW on the actual beach you might need to rethink your vacation plans.
    Lol. Other than packing my protective sunscreen, I'm usually more on the lookout for jelly fish (depending on the beach).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    On the beach , wearing swimsuit, is one of the occasions that calls for a (gasp] fanny pack .

Actual swimming , calls for a trustworthy companion , and take turns in the water .

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    MIND BLOWN.
    I'll be carrying down the ocean too. From my car for 30 feet when carrying stuff into the house for the week. And then from the house to the car when we leave.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.

But...

Attachments

• Sharktopus.jpg
      Sharktopus.jpg
      10.6 KB · Views: 203

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Funny you posted that pic. The last time I went swimming at the beach, this is how I addressed that guy. Had all my gear in a special 5.11 roll along gear bag disguised as an inflatable flamingo.

Attachments

• water.jpg
      water.jpg
      39 KB · Views: 207

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads