• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    I was looking for my next rifle and thought I'd check the MSP list. I LOLed when I saw that, apparently, semi-autos are banned but everything else is GTG. Forget the rifle...I always wanted a full auto! And the MSP say it's not banned! :lol2:

1) Is this weapon semi-automatic? If not, it is not banned and you do not need to continue.
    http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    If this is a rifle, does it have a fixed magazine that holds more than 10 rounds? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

So much for buying another Marlin 60. The sheet is poorly written.

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    Shhh, the first rule of full auto club....

No joke. Let's not advertise this too widely. Certainly a loophole in need of butthurt protests. Maryland is actually pretty decent for class 3 stuff. Probably due to the costs and the "guns for me but not for thee" attitude of your legislators. They can rest easy that the federal regs and associated expense are keeping the riff raff out of the club.

I knew more folks with class 3 weapons when I lived in MD. Out here, not so much (not counting silencers, which I think is more of a recent thing but maybe I'm just noticing it more).

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    So much for buying another Marlin 60. The sheet is poorly written.

I believe that the semi auto restriction is on centerfire cartridges and not rimfire cartrides. The Marlin 60 should be ok because it is not centerfire.

See definition below.

§ 4-301(e) Copycat weapon. --
    (1) "Copycat weapon" means:
    (i) a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that can accept a detachable magazine and has any two of the following:
    1. a folding stock;
    2. a grenade launcher or flare launcher; or
    3. a flash suppressor;
    (ii) a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds;
    (iii) a semiautomatic centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 29 inches;
    (iv) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds;
    (v) a semiautomatic shotgun that has a folding stock; or
    (vi) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    WOW !! if you scroll down to the manufacturers it will tell you what rifle is banned and what one is not from each manufacturer. I'm looking at these and I can't help but wonder how in the world they made their decisions on which ones to ban and which ones were OK. there is no rhyme or reason as to how they decided what so ever !

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    WOW !! if you scroll down to the manufacturers it will tell you what rifle is banned and what one is not from each manufacturer. I'm looking at these and I can't help but wonder how in the world they made their decisions on which ones to ban and which ones were OK. there is no rhyme or reason as to how they decided what so ever !

And the list has absolutely no force of law, as it is not required nor certified by Maryland law.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

A lot of Google-fu and the "Im Feeling Lucky" feature, then they roll the dice. Unfortunately you only get 1 chance out of 20.

Attachments

• **** yeah.jpg
      **** yeah.jpg
      9.1 KB · Views: 197

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads