• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    R&R Whoever you are:

Instead of posing the question to the masses, why don't you simply send me an email and ask me?

jhjosselyn@2amaryland.org

2A, whoever you are:

Why do you insist on secrecy? I gotta be honest, I don't trust you with my info. I have no idea who you are, what you're going to do with it, or why you really want it. I'm sure I could send you a secret email... But what's the point?

I'm simply going to stay active with other groups that operate out in the open, and operate all year long.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I will say that the email accusing "2A activists" of using "intimidation" at HPRB meetings came from the same email list.

See any connection?

No thanks

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I just have one question, why do you want an email list with all of the other personal information, when you could just post it for all to read? What difference does email make?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Also, who's to say that the names, phone numbers and email addresses of 2nd Amendent activists residing on the servers of ConstantContact.com won't be siphoned off by some gun-hating Millenial computer tech at ConstantContact.com and gifted to the Bloomberg Deathstar?

Would it be too much trouble for you to personally distribute your Legislative Update by email to the handful of trusted 2A activist group leaders and permit them to distribute it through their own channels? Your "blast email" could be 4-8 addresses, correct?

Disposable name, email address and phone number, TOR or proxy server. That's been SOP since the WJC era on the interwebs if privacy or paranoia sets in.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Phone numbers, in particular...my policy is that I do not, under any circumstances, give out that number. I get 3-5 telemarketing calls per day already...and there is no way to stop the things other than to unplug the phone. Which is being considered.

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    How is all this bickering about email relevant to the legislation we need to weigh in on this session?

I'm sure that the anti-gunners would love to know we are all bickering instead of organizing.....

-M

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    With the anti-spam technologies many email providers are using, it's just easier for groups to use MailChimp or ConstantContact or other solutions for mailing lists. Easier to manage, easier to run, more secure than homebrew, and have a better reputation so less likely to get black listed.

I can't speak to why 2A MD wants this info, but I can say when I run a mailing list for a firehouse, and we encourage people to provide email, name, and the neighborhood they live in. Why? Targeted marketing. Lets say Santa is visiting Neighborhood X. We can send an email to neighborhood X and just neighborhood X.

Now apply that to 2A. If you had people's zip codes, you could send an email to say, all Baltimore City zip codes about a Baltimore City ordinance. A person in Western Maryland might not want to get a separate email about that, but a person in Baltimore City might be very interested in it.

Using technology to fight is important.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Again, instead of cooperating, we have contact mining and division. I don't aim this to anyone in particular, but why haven't all of the 2A orgs and JJ, just had a meeting of the minds and cooperated with each other? All of the information from each of the .orgs should be identical, because no one should be hoarding info or intelligence(within the orgs). This is why 2A Tuesday has folded, no legitimate legislation has passed in the last 5 years to move our efforts forward and why our own governor still takes NONE of the 2A community seriously.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    How is all this bickering about email relevant to the legislation we need to weigh in on this session?

I'm sure that the anti-gunners would love to know we are all bickering instead of organizing.....

-M

With respect, there's a reason this thread is being treated this way. The OP has proven himself to NOT be a very good friend to the 2A. His years of failure as the "voice" of 2A in MD speaks for itself.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Personally I think this bickering is counter productive in a big way. The cause would be better served if the P-P and JJ could learn to play together.

Maybe one of the PP bunch will invite JJ out for a few beers at the Roadhouse tomorrow afternoon.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Personally I think this bickering is counter productive in a big way. The cause would be better served if the P-P and JJ could learn to play together.

Maybe one of the PP bunch will invite JJ out for a few beers at the Roadhouse tomorrow afternoon.

This has nothing to do with the PP. Members here have been maligned twice by the OP in scathing emails concerning our attendance at the HPRB meetings which, oddly enough, the OP has not attended in the last 2.5 years and was getting his information second hand.

But I'll make a standing offer for the OP to join those of us who do attend the HPRB meetings (some who have never been to a PP event) for a beer summit at the Ram's Head. We will be there tomorrow at 4:30pm.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    As the person who started this Identity Info “conversation” I still don’t think my query below was rude or out of line:

The Legislative email update list is an admirable effort but you require that people surrender their complete names, phone numbers, and email addresses.

Why do you have to collect this level of personal information to update 2A folks who want to stay involved?

2A Maryland is the President of the Mt. Washington Gun Club, one of, I believe, 32 clubs that make up the Associated Gun Clubs Of Maryland.

So, 2A Maryland, as the former president of the AGC, and someone who has pledged his full commitment to 2A in Maryland, will be sharing his email list and Legislative Update with the leadership circle of the other 31 gun clubs, correct?

I’m confident, then, that there will others that can coordinate a distribution to the interested MDshooters using just an email address as a contact.

As others have noted, we are all on the same team and we recognize that 2A Maryland could probably use some help with the distribution of the Legislative Update.

And I’m confident 2A Maryland would welcome this help.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Sorry Rack, I instinctively don;t trust anyone who puts subject lines and titles in ALL CAPS, and trolls for unnecessary personal info without a solid, stated reason. I like to keep my private information private. Folks here know why.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    This has nothing to do with the PP. Members here have been maligned twice by the OP in scathing emails concerning our attendance at the HPRB meetings which, oddly enough, the OP has not attended in the last 2.5 years and was getting his information second hand.

But I'll make a standing offer for the OP to join those of us who do attend the HPRB meetings (some who have never been to a PP event) for a beer summit at the Ram's Head. We will be there tomorrow at 4:30pm.

So this is how it is characterized now if there is disagreement? Good gracious, I read that email.. scathing? The way this guy lives rent free in many heads is really interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom