• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    A stripped lower is 77r. 7 day wait. no HQL. There is MSP guidance on this from 2014.

If it was not done this way, I'd stay out of other peoples bidniz. Maybe there are some things they are not saying, or confusing, maybe they dont know what the FFL really did.

By poking your nose in there is no upside. When its your time, do it right, so you wont do time.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I see a previous post was deleted, but If it was purchased out of state as an HBAR before 10-1-13, there would be no requirement to register it after moving to MD. That statute applies to regulated firearms purchased before 10-1-13. Only regulated handguns can be brought into the state after 10-1-13, and they must be registered within 90 days of establishing residence.

If you bought an HBAR before 10-1-13 and then move to MD, and put a non HBAR upper on it, you have made a banned firearm. registered or not.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    Sounds to me as if we have no idea what actually happened, or the history of the lower.

I would bet that the FFL has more info and did it correctly, whatever happened. We just don't actually know.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    its certainly possible its that One Very Popular Dealer that has sold zero stripped lowers since 2014, did not go to meetings, or read the MSP guidance. Its also possible Anna Nicole married for love.

Id bet a paycheck if the OP went back to the Very Popular Dealer and tried to get the Stripped Lower, "same deal my buddy ____ got", 4473 only, the OP would find some flaws in the story.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    FFL was called a second time, and agreed to redo the lower as "other" on a 77R.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There is so little information, the lower could be made of magical unicorn shit, which is obviously cash and carry. No 4473 either, but the FFL was being cautious.
    oh this stuff?

Attachments

• unicorn poop 3.jpg
      unicorn poop 3.jpg
      134.2 KB · Views: 251

rtse4me

Apr 12, 2013
    Howard County
    its certainly possible its that One Very Popular Dealer that has sold zero stripped lowers since 2014, did not go to meetings, or read the MSP guidance. Its also possible Anna Nicole married for love.

Id bet a paycheck if the OP went back to the Very Popular Dealer and tried to get the Stripped Lower, "same deal my buddy ____ got", 4473 only, the OP would find some flaws in the story.
    If I am correct on who I think it is I am sure they were selling lowers in 2016 and you might lose a weeks pay..

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Even if changed to an O, if it was after 10-1-13, it can only be built into an HBAR. And if that is done, it can never be a pistol.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    There is so little information, the lower could be made of magical unicorn shit, which is obviously cash and carry. No 4473 either, but the FFL was being cautious.

What else did you need?

Stripped lower
    Caliber - Multi

Bought without a 77R cash and carry.

FFL told buyer it was done as a HBAR Rifle.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The FFL phucked up. If it was sold as a stripped lower, it could not then be an HBAR at the same time.,

Read no 2 in the FAQ.

Attachments

• 5-16-14 LD-FRS-14-003 - Receivers of Banned Assault Long Guns.pdf
      186.3 KB · Views: 178

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Should we even be talking about it? What happens down the road if the SN is run, and its not HBAR configuration?:innocent0

If you're not sure "we" should be talking about it, "we" probably shouldn't be.

Kinda like the first rule of fight club.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    "stripped lower" is not specific enough. Some stripped lowers are 77r but no HQL, others require an HQL, and still others are cash and carry. I'd really have to see the actual thing.

But if its true the FFL is going to re-do this as 77r, the least you can do is get them a case of Vaseline and Preperation H. This cant be the only one, and this is going to hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom