• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    While searching for an issue regarding rust, I came across these VCI emitters.

I am thinking about buying a pack of these and inserting them into my gun safes. Currently I don't have an issue with rust due to the desiccant (Damp Rid) tubs I have been using for years in each one of my safes; but I find this extra layer of protection very interesting:

https://www.corrosionvci.com/corrosion/proddetail.php?prod=Daubrite10Disk

Anyone using these VCI emitter disks?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I have used VCI emitters for years with little problems with rust. This is a good reminder that mine are overdue for replacing.

Note that to be effective the vapor must be given time to build up--so if you open your safe frequently, they will be less effective.

I've found that nothing I've done replaces the need for a good wipe-down before placing something back in the safe, and a Goldenrod is way better than desiccant if you have the luxury of adding one.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I have used VCI emitters for years with little problems with rust. This is a good reminder that mine are overdue for replacing.

Note that to be effective the vapor must be given time to build up--so if you open your safe frequently, they will be less effective.

I've found that nothing I've done replaces the need for a good wipe-down before placing something back in the safe, and a Goldenrod is way better than desiccant if you have the luxury of adding one.

Thanks for your insight about them. :thumbsup:

Several of my safes are rarely opened.. so I think these VCI emitter pucks will be good insurance against rust/resultant corrosion. Brownells is selling them as some other online vendors. Will be ordering some very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom