• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    It is a pain the the ass. This is why I help my students do their applications at the end of each class.

If she was using the newest version of IE then the problems were actually being caused by a security setting that you would never think to change. To make things worse, they have no desire to fix it.

If that requires a reduction in the client side (i.e., IE) security settings it could be a FIPS violation, and accordingly a violation of MD State IT Operating Standards. That could be a hammer if in fact this sorry excuse for a state government administration actually HAS any documented operating standards.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I was looking at my HQL and noticed on the back what appears to be my Drivers License number. Does this mean that in order for someone to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights in the State of Maryland they must also posses a valid drivers license? This is a first edition HQL with the photograph so I do not know if it is included on the ones without a photograph. Since they got the photographs from the DMV data base they needed the number but now they don't use the photographs so are they still requiring a drivers license number?

Just another infringement and impediment to block a persons civil rights.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    you have to use compatibility view. not that complicated and certainly nothing a quick google search couldn't provide.

I do agree that the website is a laughable, although not surprising, infringement to our rights and an insult to our intelligence.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    IE is still supported by Microsoft, which is what really matters.

I know. I was just tossing out a bit of snark.

Still, for a state-level agency to host a website that can only be reliably viewed in one browser is ludicrous.

Maybe the same folk who put together Brown's Obamacare website made it.

:rolleyes:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Internet Explorer on Windows 10 has the ability to be backwards compatible all the way back to IE 6. You need to go into Settings->F12-Developer Tools and then muck with the Emulation or Compatibility View.

If that requires a reduction in the client side (i.e., IE) security settings it could be a FIPS violation, and accordingly a violation of MD State IT Operating Standards. That could be a hammer if in fact this sorry excuse for a state government administration actually HAS any documented operating standards.

TheBert described it correctly. The problem is that many of us don't know how to muck about with these settings.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    TheBert described it correctly. The problem is that many of us don't know how to muck about with these settings.

TheBert described opening a potential pathway for sploits. Not particularly sophisticated ones either.

Yet another reason they can shove their HQL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom