• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I haven't been on this forum long and I don't even own a firearm, yet. However, I have been around long enough to see the passion for 2nd Amendment rights that everyone has. After speaking with MSI members at the Chantilly Show I joined up online tonight and joined the NRA at the show.

I firmly believe that Maryland will be in trouble when Hogan's term is up. If Massachusetts is a "looking glass" Maryland isn't going to be far behind. MSI appears to be the only hope we have in MD.

I know $50 buys a lot of ammunition or range time but that could all be gone fairly soon. I don't believe Trump is getting elected and, knowing the history of elections, usually the congressional races fall in line with the presidential election. I think November is going to be a major blow to 2A rights as polling has shown many people are starting to favor gun control over gun rights. The liberal political machine is savvy, very savvy. Everyone knows about the Orlando Terrorist and within a matter of days the liberal machine was able to turn the story from terrorism to gun control. I don't have to tell you the media is in bed with them. They know terrorism is a narrative that destroys their election abilities and gun control is no longer a third rail.

I'm extremely concerned. I urge everyone to join, donate, and/or volunteer with MSI when you can.

Last edited:

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    welcome! Glad you joined MSI and the forum. I'm proud to be part of both.

So, what are your plans for the first firearms? You can only break the gunhymen once you know....

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Heading to Antietam Firearms on Thursday to order a Sig Sauer P226 Legion. Got the HQL license in the mail today but unfortunately the shop was closed.

Can't wait.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    All righty then.

Remember you have several choices as far as politics go. You can engage in non-partisan 2A promotion through MSI, or partisan political activities that goes beyond 2A.

No need to limit your horizons.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    All righty then. Remember you have several choices as far as politics go. You can engage in non-partisan 2A promotion through MSI, or AND partisan political activities that goes beyond 2A. No need to limit your horizons.
    FIFY.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Welcome to the fight, pilot25!

The opportunities for 2A activism are limited only by your time, energy, and dedication. I hope you enjoy fighting for your rights as much as you enjoy your new P226, because here in Maryland there are a multitude of ways to carry on the struggle.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I haven't been on this forum long and I don't even own a firearm, yet. However, I have been around long enough to see the passion for 2nd Amendment rights that everyone has. After speaking with MSI members at the Chantilly Show I joined up online tonight and joined the NRA at the show.

I firmly believe that Maryland will be in trouble when Hogan's term is up. If Massachusetts is a "looking glass" Maryland isn't going to be far behind. MSI appears to be the only hope we have in MD.

I know $50 buys a lot of ammunition or range time but that could all be gone fairly soon. I don't believe Trump is getting elected and, knowing the history of elections, usually the congressional races fall in line with the presidential election. I think November is going to be a major blow to 2A rights as polling has shown many people are starting to favor gun control over gun rights. The liberal political machine is savvy, very savvy. Everyone knows about the Orlando Terrorist and within a matter of days the liberal machine was able to turn the story from terrorism to gun control. I don't have to tell you the media is in bed with them. They know terrorism is a narrative that destroys their election abilities and gun control is no longer a third rail.

I'm extremely concerned. I urge everyone to join, donate, and/or volunteer with MSI when you can.

Thank you for joining.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    What does "grassroots direct action muscle" mean and entail? I'm up for volunteering.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    polling has shown many people are starting to favor gun control over gun rights.

Bogus NBSEEBS polls maybe.

The liberal political machine is savvy, very savvy.

No, they are just helped along by useful idiots, a non-independent media and Dopra-watching haus fraus.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    The polls are a bit more complicated. There are legit polls I believe showing that support for an AWB is raising but also polls showing support for handguns is very very high and polls showing support for black 2a rights is skyrocketing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Pilot, great way to join the community. Welcome. You have joined the smartest, sometimes salty, group around. Also good luck filtering out the sarcasm.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Heading to Antietam Firearms on Thursday to order a Sig Sauer P226 Legion. Got the HQL license in the mail today but unfortunately the shop was closed.

Can't wait.

Welcome to MSI. Love to hear your report on the Sig. Looking at one of those myself.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    All righty then.

Remember you have several choices as far as politics go. You can engage in non-partisan 2A promotion through MSI, or partisan political activities that goes beyond 2A.

No need to limit your horizons.

I'll second that, and welcome!

The most important point is not what you do, but that you do something. Everything, even the smallest action, helps in some way.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Welcome and WOW! A P226 legion as your 1st gun. What was your 1st car? NO, don't tell me I'm already jealous.

I thought about that too but wanted the first one to be a good one. Tested about 12 different types and manufacturers. So, I can't imagine wanting to get another except maybe a smaller pistol for my wife but then I never ever thought I would own a firearm in the first place.

Could be an expensive addicting hobby....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom