• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence: We Don’t Want to Ban “Assault Weapons”

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...t-gun-violence-dont-want-ban-assault-weapons/

“There is a very specific type of gun that we want banned – none of them,” Dan Gross, president of The Brady Campaign, told KIRO radio’s Jason Rantz [via mynorthwest.com].

hahaha, I am holding my breath, right?

They don't want guns banned, they want people banned from owning guns. The criteria for banning people from owning guns is:

* pulse.
    * no pulse.

See how they did that neat trick?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Standard DemocRAT talking point, just rephrased

"All we are trying to do is keep guns out of the hands of people we all agree that shouldn’t have them. Whether you love or hate guns, you agree that a convicted violent criminal, domestic abuser, someone who is dangerously mentally ill, ..."

Okay ... I'm good up to that point BECAUSE that's what the law says now. So, ENFORCE the laws on the books. However ...

"or a would-be terrorist should not be able to get their hands on guns."

e.g. Via the SECRET no-fly / terrorist watch list. Sounds like Van Hollen's phrase in trade, but with a twist, doesn't it ?

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence: We Don’t Want to Ban “Assault Weapons”

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...t-gun-violence-dont-want-ban-assault-weapons/

hahaha, I am holding my breath, right?

They don't want guns banned, they want people banned from owning guns. The criteria for banning people from owning guns is:

* pulse.
    * no pulse.

See how they did that neat trick?

And the nutcase, Hinckley who put Brady in a wheelchair, has been ordered released. (Not to mention, his eventual death being ruled a homicide.) This world is insane.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    If The HildeBeast wins ...

Lets see what their message will be on January 21st.

Probably something very similar to the what was 'messaged' to AR/AK owners in the PRofMD with the passage of FSA2103 ... or what has recently been enacted in California.

Attachments

• Firearm Safety Act Monopoly.jpg
      Firearm Safety Act Monopoly.jpg
      76.1 KB · Views: 886

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    If that was really their stance then they'd be exactly like the NRA, because they want they as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Starting to shape up like the Maryland Gubernatorial race..........................................

I am starting to wonder if their internal polls are showing that the Dem machine is in deep trouble and, much like the MD Dem machine, headlined by Brown, are starting the similar damage control "games". This would go hand in hand with Pelosi recently implying that She-Clinton must do more with "white males" because HRC struggles with them with her views on "guns, gays and God."

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Dude's lying to get some short-term votes. Same as the dems who say they're only "Doing it for the children". F- him. The leopard does not change his spots.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I'm completely dumbfounded on this one. I have no idea what was going through his mind when he said those words.

He's never going to gain the trust of firearms owners, and saying what he did may alienate a good chunk of Brady Campaign's donor base even if there is some sort of "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" about it within anti circles. Totally inexplicable.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Clinghazi did a Full Oblammy last night and told us straight up what the plan is.

(I may be slightly misquoting)

"I don't want to end the 2nd Amendment. I don't even want to take away your guns. I just don't want you to be shot by someone who shouldn't have a gun to begin with!"

Ok..............

Now come the new definitions of who MIGHT be allowed guns..........

It's no longer a fight for 'gun control', because they know they'll always lose that fight.

Now it's about 'gun OWNER control', because people evoke more emotion than bits or metal, wood and plastic.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    This Strategy - If we can get one or more democrat gun owner to vote for Hillary, then it was worth the statement.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Here's the 'clue' ...

I'm completely dumbfounded on this one. I have no idea what was going through his mind when he said those words.

He's never going to gain the trust of firearms owners, and saying what he did may alienate a good chunk of Brady Campaign's donor base even if there is some sort of "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" about it within anti circles. Totally inexplicable.

Just a bit of verbal prestidigitation ...

"or a would-be terrorist should not be able to get their hands on guns."

Even though the other items noted would legally prohibit a purchase on a 4473, the DemocRATs dog-whistle for 'common sense gun safety measures' is having the ability to indiscriminately add people to the SECRET terrorist watch list. Otherwise, how could they define a 'would be terrorist' other than profiling them as coming from NRA membership, or people who post on MDshooters.

After all ...

Are you SURE ???

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Clinghazi did a Full Oblammy last night and told us straight up what the plan is.

(I may be slightly misquoting)

"I don't want to end the 2nd Amendment. I don't even want to take away your guns. I just don't want you to be shot by someone who shouldn't have a gun to begin with!"

Ok..............

Now come the new definitions of who MIGHT be allowed guns..........

It's no longer a fight for 'gun control', because they know they'll always lose that fight.

Now it's about 'gun OWNER control', because people evoke more emotion than bits or metal, wood and plastic.

Hey Oblammy, here's your sign ...

Attachments

• Islam Stupid.JPG
      Islam Stupid.JPG
      21.2 KB · Views: 621

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    That's only the smallest part of the Left's concern, re: 2A (if at all).

Yes, they will ignore Islamism to their own peril, but this issue is more insidious and ideological.

We've already seen them pecking around the edges of the definitions of who is--and is not--"fit" to purchase firearms.

Should they be allowed to plow that particular field, the weeds they sow will spread, and the next target will be those who ALREADY own firearms.

And don't think for a second this won't be scratched at in the coming GA session.

Get ready now, people. Get your arguments in order.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have to question if Mrs Bill Clinton is as blind to the threat of ISIS/Muslims as she's playing it. I think this is an Obozo thing and in order to get his support she can't take on this subject. Surely no one other than Obozo can be as blinded by religion as he has shown to be. This was hot button for the DNC but now that she has the nomination, I think you're going to see little glimpses of anti-islam from her. Not a lot, just a small, ever so noticeable peak.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    As soon as they try to decide who is eligible to own firearms, they'll determine that merely wanting a gun makes you crazy and therefore ineligible. That's Liberal logic. So don't fall for this ass-hat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom