• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I'm looking for a drop/offset holster for my custom 2011 I bought a few weeks ago. I checked with Red Hill, he doesn't make one. It's an STI 2011 frame with an SVI 6" slide. I'm thinking I might have to go to the gun show this weekend anyway, but thought I'd pick some brains here first. Thanks.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Red Hill Tactical double layer kydex competition holsters are the best in the industry hands down.
    Use my discount code "targetfocus" at checkout to get 10% off!

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Why not a race holster? I've got a CR speed you can try. Got it in a trade recently.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah def a race holster unless you want/need it more protected. i use a double alpha race master magnetic for my open/limited 2011's and really like it.

would be shocked if you found anything nearly useful at a gun show.

in idpa i run a blade tech (whatever the thick plastic model is) with my 4" sti tactical and 5" eagle, to which their d/os piece can be added. hollow at the bottom so could run 6" as well.

if you're doing peacemaker 3 gun saturday, i could bring these for you to check out.

also, i have a safariland 013 open holster i'd sell for $50 (i pd $158), used this before the double alpha.

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I'm going to Quantico tomorrow for Steel Challenge, can't make that drive out to Peacemaker for a few more months.

I'll take this offer!

Thanks, gents.

Did you ever find something Jim?

I got a new holster for my Atlas Open 2011. Selling my DAA Alpha-X in black. You can make sure it fits your gun first if you like.

Glock4arms

May 8, 2015
    Im looking for an OWB holster for a glock 17 with red dot optic for steel shoot comp. Trying to keep the budget under $45 since I only use it 3-4 times a year. Any recommendations besides Red Hill?

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Im looking for an OWB holster for a glock 17 with red dot optic for steel shoot comp. Trying to keep the budget under $45 since I only use it 3-4 times a year. Any recommendations besides Red Hill?

Bladetech or comptac

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Short of buying a ghost type race holster for a Glock, if you are shooting one that has a mini red dot, as in Carry Optics you might have to cut away part of the top of the holster to get it to seat fully with the red dot on top. That is the reason I use a full race holster for my G34 in SC. Of course the full race holster is not legal in Carry Optics but it is legal in Open and Limited divisions. For outlaw matches check their rules. I don't think Peacemaker is picky except for the sanctioned SC matches as Super Steel only has a few divisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom