• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    Maybe if you put a hint of your location in your profile something could be done.

It is; he's in Middletown.

I concur that most events seem Westminister and east.

I'm in Brunswick, just the other side of the mountain from Middletown...

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    It is; he's in Middletown.

I concur that most events seem Westminister and east.

I'm in Brunswick, just the other side of the mountain from Middletown...

To be fair, I added it in after he requested it. So I think when you do that it starts to show up on all posts old and new.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    In Md and much of the NE, an endorsement, or other public show of support from the NRA is a negative for a candidate.

Funny you say that. I was wearing the NRA hat I got at the Chantilly gun show while mowing the lawn today. Got a funny look from my neighbor who felt the need to ask about it. I didn't even think about it. I didn't really like the fit or quality of the hat so it went into my pile of work hats. Well, I wasn't prepared to have a 2A conversation but I think I was able to have a respectful albeit short discussion about it. I'm not hard right on every topic and he knows that so I think my support of the NRA and 2A threw him off. Its so sad that people feel you have to follow the ramblings of one political party on every topic and cannot be a free thinker. Some people are just sheep to the elite that control the purse strings.

The NRA has a tough job. God bless them.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Funny you say that. I was wearing the NRA hat I got at the Chantilly gun show while mowing the lawn today. Got a funny look from my neighbor who felt the need to ask about it. I didn't even think about it. I didn't really like the fit or quality of the hat so it went into my pile of work hats. Well, I wasn't prepared to have a 2A conversation but I think I was able to have a respectful albeit short discussion about it. I'm not hard right on every topic and he knows that so I think my support of the NRA and 2A threw him off. Its so sad that people feel you have to follow the ramblings of one political party on every topic and cannot be a free thinker. Some people are just sheep to the elite that control the purse strings.

I'll one up you :)

I have a college degree, work at a college and drive a Prius. I produce melt downs when people hear I"m pro-2A.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD

It's even better when those conversations start because the neighbors going for a walk see you wearing a firearm on your hip while doing yardwork :)

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    To pilot25: dblas and I have both invited you to reach out via PM in order to open conversations to fill you in on grassroots training. We're happy to spend the time to enable you to have a full understanding of this undertaking. One of the major foci is to generate action in local/state region areas. Western MD is high on the list.

We're "open for business." The ball is in your court.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    To pilot25: dblas and I have both invited you to reach out via PM in order to open conversations to fill you in on grassroots training. We're happy to spend the time to enable you to have a full understanding of this undertaking. One of the major foci is to generate action in local/state region areas. Western MD is high on the list.

We're "open for business." The ball is in your court.

I PMed esqappellate MSI BOD Member and he took my information. He said he would pass along my information and desire to volunteer. I also mentioned I have no legislative connections and really no skills to offer. I can fly a plane load of MSI members somewhere if need be. :)

I've also checked the MSI schedules of events one of which I think I can make (the meeting in Annapolis) the other is just to far for me to logistically do. I've been reading up on the history of MD firearm laws and MSI's current positions so I can, at a minimum, sound educated when discussing 2A in Maryland.

Not sure what else to do just yet.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I PMed esqappellate MSI BOD Member and he took my information. He said he would pass along my information and desire to volunteer. I also mentioned I have no legislative connections and really no skills to offer. I can fly a plane load of MSI members somewhere if need be. :)

I've also checked the MSI schedules of events one of which I think I can make (the meeting in Annapolis) the other is just to far for me to logistically do. I've been reading up on the history of MD firearm laws and MSI's current positions so I can, at a minimum, sound educated when discussing 2A in Maryland.

Not sure what else to do just yet.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Bravo! Arming yourself with history and facts is the single best thing you can do at this stage, IMO. Hopefully we'll see you in Annapolis.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I'm not able to go to the meeting Aug. 20th as I'm on vacation, with the family, until after that date. Luckily, someone at MSI emailed me and I'm going to be able to get more information on volunteering when I get back but if anyone goes to the meeting, who has never been before, could you please give us your thoughts on everything.

Luckily tapatalk keeps me on the forum while the kids are riding rides and such.....

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm not able to go to the meeting Aug. 20th as I'm on vacation, with the family, until after that date. Luckily, someone at MSI emailed me and I'm going to be able to get more information on volunteering when I get back but if anyone goes to the meeting, who has never been before, could you please give us your thoughts on everything.

Luckily tapatalk keeps me on the forum while the kids are riding rides and such.....

The Aug 20 date is not a meeting but training for those that are interested in Grassroots organizing. We are planing more around the state, including Frederick.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    If you have any questions about the MSRPA, please feel free to let me know; I will do my best to answer them or get someone else from the organization to respond. I am the current Lobbyist for the organization (meaning that I represent our members in front of the Executive and Legislative offices of the state government), and there are several other board members that are members here at MDS as well. As others have pointed out, the MSRPA is the official state affiliate of the NRA. From a legislative/executive lobbying perspective, we have a cooperative arrangement with MSI, the AGC, and the NRA (meaning that, while we are separate organizations with our own membership-based opinions, we do try to work together to create a united front for testimony in support of our 2A-protected rights in front of a very hostile legislature).

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    The Aug 20 date is not a meeting but training for those that are interested in Grassroots organizing. We are planing more around the state, including Frederick.

Sorry for the incorrect entry. I meant training instead of meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom