• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Anyone use these, still? Had a customer sell these to me, today. They were his grandfather's (who died in the 30s). Not too often these pop up in the wild, anymore...but a super neat piece of kit. What's pictured is a 100 slot decap block with decapper hole on the bottom, a 50 slot prep block, and a W Wurfflein 20 slot hinged prep block in front. Also an antique roll crimper, and shot measure too! All for 12GA. The blocks date to around 1880s-90s, or so. I love this antiquated loading stuff, will go nicely in a photo shoot with one I will picture after it gets back from a small makeover. ;)

Attachments

• 271825044_317807280107455_9115192041685849448_n.jpg
      271825044_317807280107455_9115192041685849448_n.jpg
      84.7 KB · Views: 162

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Reminds me of a wooden starter block I made years ago for my muzzle loader. I had a small wood block and drilled 1/2" holes in it. I pushed round lead 50 caliber grease and patched balls into holes. When loading percussion muzzle loader you placed one load over barrel hole and pushed into barrel with starter tool. I have never seen any like that for reloading shotgun shells before.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Yes. These and the original Lee Loader systems are still very much in demand for folks who want to have a way to load shotshells without carrying around a loading kit for SHTF situations. Shotshell loading by hand is easy and practical in survival situations where you can stuff shells full of everything from BBs that you'd scrounge from some kid's stash to wax "slugs" using whatever you can find that is heavy (I've seen guys use heavy bolts or nuts with wax around them to fill up the space to prevent gas leakage when firing. There are also folks who will collect old reloading equipment. I sold an old Lyman .22-250 hand-load kit for $70 two years ago. Old-school type, not a press or anything, but a kit you use a hammer with to get the primer out, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom