• bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    http://www.shadowopsweaponry.com/products/261-shdw45-acp-silencer.aspx

it was 300 after a 300 coupon...

300 + 200 stamp + 65 transfer fee

supposedly can do 9...40..45..even 22.

I jumped on it being that the coupon was only good for 300 purchases...

please tell me it's "ok" it's mainly for "sh!!ts and giggles/for fun"

Never heard of the company, although seems to look good. It has aluminum baffles and tube, so I wouldn't fire too much 22LR through it. You really need a dedicated light stainless steel suppressor for 22. The stuff is just so dirty with all the molten lead and carbon. You also can't put aluminum is an ultrasonic cleaner. Looked to be a good deal all things considered.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    looks okay. It should work great with .45 and .40 S&W

You would be amazed how quiet 180 grain .40s can be.

Not going to do much to suppress 9mm or .22 though. Make sure to bring some water or an ablative gel, makes a big difference. If you can afford it, I use ballistol, makes cleanup a lot easier and works exceptionally well due to it's viscosity. Just make sure to not use the aerosol, but the pure soupy kind.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    wait i'm a noob at suppressors.. why would i need water/ablative gel?

I know it cuts down on first round pop. I'll let others take from there. Never thought to use Ballistol, good idea.
    Don't know anything about these but for $300 it's hard to go wrong, especially with the caliber versatility.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    wait i'm a noob at suppressors.. why would i need water/ablative gel?

Greater density and surface area. Water or a gel based products squirted into the suppressor, now referred to as a "wet" suppressor will usually help bring down the sound signature another 10dB, which is pretty good. BTW running 9mm is fine in a 45 can, just obviously not as efficient. Running subsonic 147gr 9mm rounds will sound nice, and will require no ear protection. I've fired an Osprey 45 using 9mm subsonics and it sounded almost as good as my dedicated Bowers CAC 9mm can. SilencerCo recommends wire pulling gel, as it's a clear water based compound/gel that cleans up easily and is cheap. If you run a wet suppressor make sure you're using eye protection, although you should always use eye protection, but this especially because the substance in the suppressor will splash\mist in your face. Also make extra sure the bullet path is clear, as gel can reportedly cause baffle strikes, even though I've never encountered this myself. Just put a couple squirts in each side then wave it up-and-down like you're directing air plane traffic, flip it over and do it again.

This is what I use when I run wet, besides just plain water.
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_146594-12704-31-388-6_?PL=1&productId=1017915

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    I can't asked dedicated cans.. so I'll have this for my pistols.. and someday get one for rifle calibers...

how much do you put in?

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    I can't asked dedicated cans.. so I'll have this for my pistols.. and someday get one for rifle calibers...

how much do you put in?

Dedicated, as it's almost always on my Cobray M-11 9mm SMG :D

Couple squirts on each end of the can is fine. On my Bowers CAC 9, I put one squirt in the space in between the first and second baffles, then the same thing on the end. Swing it around to spread the gel evenly. It's actually not that complicated, just use some sense and make sure to have a clear bullet path.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Suggestion: don't mix rimfire and centerfire on the same suppressor unless you're willing to take it apart and clean the crap out of it before switching back to centerfire. Rimfires burn dirty and gunk up a suppressor right quick.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    You got a good deal, but I would not expect this mono-core can it to be as quite (dry) as a one that uses K-baffles. I have 3 mono-core cans and none of them are as quiet as my same caliber cans that use K-baffles or other similarly shaped baffles. The only one that is close is the .22 Sparrow, but even that is not as quiet as my AAC Aviator. YMMV

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    When you are able to put your hands on this could you give a short review of the quality and stuff? I'm interested in the weight and length and also the overall feel of it compared to others.

I was set on the Osprey 45 due to its' fit, finish, weight and compatibility with other calibers but this price point is really hard to pass up.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    When you are able to put your hands on this could you give a short review of the quality and stuff? I'm interested in the weight and length and also the overall feel of it compared to others.

I was set on the Osprey 45 due to its' fit, finish, weight and compatibility with other calibers but this price point is really hard to pass up.

will do sir. like i said.. i'm a noob.. so i'll let you guys know when it comes in.. maybe one of you experts can come meet me at sure shot and check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom