• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Be careful not to get Loctite on anything plastic. Plastic and loctite don’t play well together.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Is that complaint breathability/sweat? if so I really love my stealth gear vent core holsters.

No retention; full Kydex gives a nice lock on the trigger guard. Standard hybrid doesn’t provide the same positive lockup. These are supposed to fix that (and wear out potential by utilizing a smaller bit of kydex in the inside...

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I used to use Kydex OWBs but have found molded leather holsters with thumb snaps are more comfortable and, to me, a little more secure. It takes a little longer to put on, but being retired, time is my friend (in the short run! :D). DeSantis is my go-to for EDC guns. Just my opinion, but it's nice we all have choices... for now, anyway. :)

Oh3

Jan 2, 2016
    Carroll Co
    I've had my W&C for less than two months and so far I've tried 5 different holsters and waiting to get another in the mail tomorrow from HAWG. OWB safariland is too bulky (in addition to me needing to lose some weight) but I do like the retention system. Sticky holster makes me hip check too much because I am afraid of it coming up and out or slipping down to the point it comes out of my pant leg. So far it hasn't happened, but makes me leary. The leather pancake holster doesn't clip as well as I'd like to the belt and it constantly shifts cant. OWB kydex has decent retention but again, due to my girth too bulky. The hybrid crossbreed is comfortable, but since I'm a lefty, the kydex is missing the ejection part that provides some retention. Even though I deepened the trigger area, it still doesn't seem to engage with that click. Hoping the HAWG will be better with double-sided kydex.

But I will loc-tite all my holsters that use screws when I get home. I never thought of that and am learning new stuff every week.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Nope, but you've gotta make sure it's not worn in a way that it can get into the trigger guard. Some designs allow for worn leather to bend in to the trigger guard instead of staying open. Leather is extremely comfortable though. It's good to regularly inspect all gear you trust your life to.

A whole career with 2 leather holsters and I never had or saw this problem at work. No clue how many thousands of draws out of them. But Galco is not on the low end of leather.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    First, don't oil/leather care leather holsters. They don't need to look pretty. Secondly, a lot of that leather care crap will degenerate the stitching, and that's something you don't notice until it's too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom