• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Interesting. Finally someone making a .22 pistol that holds more than 10-12 rounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Suppressed 22 handguns with micro red dots are about as fun as it gets. FN did what GLOCK and everyone else should have, factory threaded barrel, and optics ready.

gwoodburn

Feb 9, 2012
    Owings Mills, MD
    Suppressed 22 handguns with micro red dots are about as fun as it gets. FN did what GLOCK and everyone else should have, factory threaded barrel, and optics ready.

I agree. Why they don't include a threaded barrel with tactical style pistols is beyond me. Suppressed 22lr is stupid fun. I could see the argument for not including the optic mounting due to increased slide weight and possible cycling issues, but better to have it and be able to try then not have it at all. IMHO

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Not really complaining, ok maybe I am..
    Will qualify this with: I love FN and own many of their pistols/rifles.
    But $500 MSRP for a Umarex badged as an FN is a bit hard to swallow.
    I will get one anyway but damn. Maybe I am stuck in pre-pandemic pricing mode or something.

And something that really grinds my gears... why cant any maker ever seem to get a half-decently color matched FDE pistol? I greatly dislike the 2 tone look of most FDE pistols I have seen.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    Not really complaining, ok maybe I am..
    Will qualify this with: I love FN and own many of their pistols/rifles.
    But $500 MSRP for a Umarex badged as an FN is a bit hard to swallow.
    I will get one anyway but damn. Maybe I am stuck in pre-pandemic pricing mode or something.

And something that really grinds my gears... why cant any maker ever seem to get a half-decently color matched FDE pistol? I greatly dislike the 2 tone look of most FDE pistols I have seen.

I couldn't disagree more regarding the price tag.

I have the Beretta 92 22lr, which has a Umarex frame and the gun runs flawlessly, a joy to plink with. The upgrades the FN has out of the box make this a steal at $500. I prefer hammer fired to striker fired guns and I will be looking to get one once available.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I really like FN products and I really like the looks of this new 502. I 22lr has been on my list for several months now. I was planning on getting the Ruger Mark IV lite but this could change things. Thoughts between the 2???

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I really like FN products and I really like the looks of this new 502. I 22lr has been on my list for several months now. I was planning on getting the Ruger Mark IV lite but this could change things. Thoughts between the 2???

The optics-ready (i.e. cut out in the slide) and the external hammer I think make it stand out from the Ruger.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    I couldn't disagree more regarding the price tag.

I have the Beretta 92 22lr, which has a Umarex frame and the gun runs flawlessly, a joy to plink with. The upgrades the FN has out of the box make this a steal at $500. I prefer hammer fired to striker fired guns and I will be looking to get one once available.

O I am definitely getting one (in Black) once its available and on the roster. It should go well with my 509 and FNX45 and older Hi Power's.

Thwack22

Aug 8, 2012
    NoVa
    I would be torn between this and the Glock 44. Advantage to FN for including a threaded barrel and being optics ready. Nice features.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Anyone know when/if this will be added to the roster? Has it been submitted?

I also rock a 509 and a FNX 45, and am considering adding this one. All FDE.

About the FDE, no one has yet been able to make a good FDE color match between the polymer and the cerakote or other coating done to metal. FN decided to use actual different colors so it wouldnt look like it was just a bad color match, but rather designed in 2 tones. I for one like it a lot.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    I would be torn between this and the Glock 44. Advantage to FN for including a threaded barrel and being optics ready. Nice features.

I did not like the 44, I get that it was designed as trainer for the 19, but between the weight and the trigger it just felt like a cheap toy (all personal preference). Having not handled the FN I have no idea what it may be like in comparison, but I like that it is SA hammer fired.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Forgot about that one although I have yet to see one run well

Regarding not seeing one that runs well, any chance you are thinking of the 22 WMR kelTec CMR30? The KelTec CP33 in 22LR is pretty new. I was hoping to find one, but don't want to see anyone cranking out another 22LR lemon.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Interesting. Finally someone making a .22 pistol that holds more than 10-12 rounds

They had a couple of Calicos at Chantilly last time I went. I actually was very tempted and almost bought one. Good thing I didnt, i had no idea a 22 pistol (as well the carbine), had been banned by name in PRM.

Looks like such a fun gun. 100 round helical magazine. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom