• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I have an older 1972 Browning B-SS double barrel that is bottomed out, meaning the lever is on center and the action is starting to get loose, not bad but it's at the end of its usable life. I contacted Midwest Gun Works as they are a Browning factory repair center and they told me they don't do SxS doubles anymore although their website toots it.
    Art's Gun Shop in Missouri is a big Browning fix it shop and has a big presence in the industry. Art said he would do it for about $350.

Has anybody had much dealing with Art's or have any recommendations on getting a nice double rebuilt by a reputable shop.
    If I sell it I'd have to add $350-400 to the price, not sure if I could recoup the money. I don't want to sell anything as a pig in the poke either. I might keep it but don't have much use for it either.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I have an older 1972 Browning B-SS double barrel that is bottomed out, meaning the lever is on center and the action is starting to get loose, not bad but it's at the end of its usable life. I contacted Midwest Gun Works as they are a Browning factory repair center and they told me they don't do SxS doubles anymore although their website toots it.
    Art's Gun Shop in Missouri is a big Browning fix it shop and has a big presence in the industry. Art said he would do it for about $350.

Has anybody had much dealing with Art's or have any recommendations on getting a nice double rebuilt by a reputable shop.
    If I sell it I'd have to add $350-400 to the price, not sure if I could recoup the money. I don't want to sell anything as a pig in the poke either. I might keep it but don't have much use for it either.

Sell it to Bidet. That's all he needs don'tcha know.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    The BSS's are nice guns, the straight stocked 20's and the 30" barreled 12's command a premium. Regardless it is worth it to fix. Art's has a good reputation. I have never actually seen a loose BSS, they are tanks.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I got an invoice from Art's today

Art sent me an invoice today to rebuild my Browning SxS BSS. He received the gun on June 30, order date says July 5, today is July 16. His first email said he could rebuild it for around $350 and have it back to me in about three weeks. It all sounded pretty good as most reputable dealers aren't even taking on work. Midwest Guns said they didn't work on SxS anymore. I was skeptical.
    They invoiced me $1100! Then I looked at it closer and he added $700 for a reblue. I called them, they answered on the second ring. The fellow was very friendly. I asked if it HAD to be reblued after the rebuild. He said no and took the $700 off the bill, so it'll be $350 & $50 shipping, he said he'll have it done in a day or two. Pretty good I think.
    I'll let you know when I get it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom