• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Have any of you seen the new pricing for Tracker boats? A 2021 Tracker Jon 1754 is now $4700. They were like $3400 last year. That is a huge increase. And that is just for the boat. No trailer, motor, electronics, anything! The other boats have gone up in price also. I was thinking of getting one this spring but not at those prices. I am wondering if other manufacturers are doing the same thing. The price of fishing is getting expensive guys. Not like years past when you could buy a really nice boat for 25K. Top of the line boat now getting close to 100K. Sorry but I am talking about 21' and under boats not the big offshore rigs.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I don’t know squat about fishing boats but, the rec industry newsletters I receive were talking about 2020 being a banner year (“of historical proportion”) and those headlines started appearing in the Fall.
    I’m assuming it’s supply and demand and the mfrs are cocksure they can get the prices they’re asking.
    My tactic at this point in a cycle is do anything but buy new; maybe focus all my energy on the few instances of like new being sold for the usual reasons (“didn’t turn out to be what we thought’s be”, divorce, whatever). That’s what we’re doing with respect to a higher end coach. ANYthing but pay exorbitant prices which are sure to come down ... if you can wait it out .

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Well, My work does manufacturing. We purchase sheet metal aluminum, stainless and cold rolled steel fabricated in Pa.
    Well, I heard there are big price increases on all metals coming. Those toons are going up in price.
    Plastic materials may be going up in price too

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I find it hard to believe the average person will be able to afford these new high price increases. Be interesting to see how this works out for them.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I find it hard to believe the average person will be able to afford these new high price increases. Be interesting to see how this works out for them.

If they don't , then prices will go down as the inventory goes up and they need to get rid of inventory. Simple supply and demand.

The "average person" can't afford $20K-40K boats anyway.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I feel bad for the younger generation and the older folks that didn't save for retirement. Lot of people going to have some hard times ahead.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    If they don't , then prices will go down as the inventory goes up and they need to get rid of inventory. Simple supply and demand.

The "average person" can't afford $20K-40K boats anyway.

You'll be hard pressed to find a $20k boat unless it's old and beat.There are 2 guys at our condo development with $100k+ pontoon boats.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    The used boat market has been up for a while now. People get into a new boat with minimal $ down and the boat depreciates faster than they can pay it down so if they try to sell it they have to get top dollar to avoid being upside down. Ends up being cheaper/better to just buy new. Best to find an older boat that was well taken care of and where the big depreciation is over.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Supply and demand...the same thing with the RV industry. People are looking for ways to enjoy some kind of travel and vacation where they don't have to be too close to others due to Covid. Last year there were interviews with boat dealers who couldn't keep inventory at the same levels they were accustomed to.

At some point the market will return to some kind of normalcy and there may be lots of used boats on the market once people get tired of them and their continuing costs of maintenance and use.

MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    Supply and demand...the same thing with the RV industry. People are looking for ways to enjoy some kind of travel and vacation where they don't have to be too close to others due to Covid. Last year there were interviews with boat dealers who couldn't keep inventory at the same levels they were accustomed to.

At some point the market will return to some kind of normalcy and there may be lots of used boats on the market once people get tired of them and their continuing costs of maintenance and use.

True. We ordered our boat back in summer of last year. Just took delivery of it in December. We have a 2021 Tahoe 550TS with the double axle trailer with the 150 hp Mercury. The trailer was completed 3 months before the boat. Bass Pro is just busy. They make great products and the demand is high for any sort of entertainment that is not restricted by a damn mask.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    True. We ordered our boat back in summer of last year. Just took delivery of it in December. We have a 2021 Tahoe 550TS with the double axle trailer with the 150 hp Mercury. The trailer was completed 3 months before the boat. Bass Pro is just busy. They make great products and the demand is high for any sort of entertainment that is not restricted by a damn mask.

Get back to me in a couple years and see if you still think the same...lol

Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    I should have pulled the trigger on a new boat years ago. I will just stick with my 27 year old aluminum rig. That old 25hp Mercury runs like a champ and the boat don’t leak a drop! Plus, it fits in my garage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom