• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoJoy99

Apr 28, 2018
    Fort Washington
    With deer season coming upon us, has anyone been able to find 20ga fosters in Southern Maryland?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I learned years ago, if I wanted Remington 20ga Accutips for deer season(my preferred ammo), I needed to start buying them after the season ended and they began to show back up in stock.

I had the same problem last turkey season. Waited too long and had to scrounge. I used my last shell on my last turkey. Plenty of turkey ammo out there now.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    True, but some of the managed hunts only allow for shotgun.

Is there a benefit to the Managed Hunt Program that I’m missing? You have to use certain weapon, some maybe all require a competency record, and you need the permit for parking. Seems like a good way to get people to opt out of hunting.

MoJoy99

Apr 28, 2018
    Fort Washington
    Is there a benefit to the Managed Hunt Program that I’m missing? You have to use certain weapon, some maybe all require a competency record, and you need the permit for parking. Seems like a good way to get people to opt out of hunting.

If you don't have your own land. The benefits I see are limited number of hunters, so not avoiding others on public land, typically good chances of seeing deer, allows for a longer firearm season. Just to name a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom