• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm not familiar with this, what do you mean by coordinate trigger pull?

The start of recoil begins with the gun going off. Learning to know the time of trigger pull(going slow at first) until it fires, you know when the recoil will rear it's ugly head. It's a rhythm that eventually will be incorporated with your recoil control and sight picture reset.

Trigger trigger trigger, gun goes off, recoil goes up, you control it on the way back down to reset your sight picture to take your next shot.

twybyll

Jan 20, 2021
    MD
    Learning to know the time of trigger pull(going slow at first) until it fires, you know when the recoil will rear it's ugly head.

I've always heard the "surprise" method because of people moving when anticipating the recoil (I admit when I first started out that was one of my problems). Any other ways to teach against anticipation with this timing method other than showing them the holes in the paper aren't where they're supposed to be?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I've always heard the "surprise" method because of people moving when anticipating the recoil (I admit when I first started out that was one of my problems). Any other ways to teach against anticipation with this timing method other than showing them the holes in the paper aren't where they're supposed to be?

If we are talking about slow fire marksmanship, usually with rifles, sure.
    Self defense shooting, you better know when the gun is going to fire because you're about to kill someone.

Wangbadan

Big Wang
    Jul 15, 2021
    If we are talking about slow fire marksmanship, usually with rifles, sure.
    Self defense shooting, you better know when the gun is going to fire because you're about to kill someone.

This is good advice. Don’t want to surprise yourself by shooting someone!

-big Wang

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom