"Turncoat Jim" Brochin to Run for Co. Exec.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Did he knock the mirror off the guys car/truck .......................................or is this a new scumbag that is not responsible for what he does .

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Upfate, or other side of the story. Posted by Brochin on his Facebook page.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-27-10-00-49.jpg
      Screenshot_2017-12-27-10-00-49.jpg
      90.1 KB · Views: 235

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Thanks to all the [non-gun owner, 2A hating constituents] concerned about my welfare . . . :lol2:

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Snake. Doesn't address not having insurance card or registration or asking not to call police. Tries to make it seem he's above board and open but just makes me believe the other guy even more now.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Snake. Doesn't address not having insurance card or registration or asking not to call police. Tries to make it seem he's above board and open but just makes me believe the other guy even more now.

In his defense(can’t believe I am doing this), but it’s his story agains the other guy and the other guy did not call the police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    In his defense(can’t believe I am doing this), but it’s his story agains the other guy and the other guy did not call the police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calling the police is irrelevant. Absent injuries or vehicle disablement, the cops won't do anything except facilitate the info exchange if the parties are not willing to speak to each other.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Calling the police is irrelevant. Absent injuries or vehicle disablement, the cops won't do anything except facilitate the info exchange if the parties are not willing to speak to each other.

100% true.

If none of the above mentioned scenarios are present, they will not send an officer out, period.

Been there, done that.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Not to drag this out, but since Brochin did not have current proof of insurance, as required by law, I would think the OP could have requested the police as Brochin was in violation of the law. Not sure if being without proof of insurance is a fine or not.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Not to drag this out, but since Brochin did not have current proof of insurance, as required by law, I would think the OP could have requested the police as Brochin was in violation of the law. Not sure if being without proof of insurance is a fine or not.

Joe driver who got hit is not a cop. He may ask for an insurance card but cannot compel the other driver to produce it. He also may not know that it's required by law or escalating by calling the police would have been the correct thing to do.

I also think he was out of line by posting this on social media.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

MAIF says $50 fine.
    https://www.mymarylandauto.com/site/new-maryland-insurance-laws/proof-insurance-now-required/

MVA just says you have to have it.
    http://www.mva.maryland.gov/vehicles/insurance/proof.htm

http://www.iabforme.com/resource_ce...-clarifies-new-law-on-auto-insurance-id-cards
    In addition, the MIA noted that the ID cards must be of a size that allows for the text to be easily read, i.e. at least the size of a Maryland driver's license and in 10-point font. The bulletin also confirmed that electronic ID cards are permissible under the new law and that the law applies to personal and commercial policies.

The new requirement, which stems from the passage of House Bill 720/Senate Bill 544, takes effect on Oct. 1, 2016. A person who violates the requirement is subject to a fine of $50, which may be waived but, if collected, must be deposited into the Uninsured Motorist Education and Enforcement Fund (UMEEF) established by the law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom