• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I've been looking for a new upper. I came across a deal on a colt expanse upper. I can't seem to find out if it is a HBAR or not.
    Some say it is a HBAR, but I want to make sure, before I order one.
    Hopefully someone can help me out.
    Thanks

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Pretty sure it is not being considered an HBAR. I don't know if anyone has requested a formal review from MSP but the general consensus has been no.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Not an HBAR. Engage got a few of these in last year. They ended up selling the uppers and lowers separately. I got one of the complete lowers.:D

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I saw a complete rifle Colt expanse sold right in front of me at a table at the Howard County gun show right before the election.

I was not interested because I know that model is cheaper because they do not chrome line the barrel. I hear that in some cases that barrel can be more accurate because the chrome is not there. But resale is a bitch because everyone expects chrome lined these days.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    There was a thread on the M4 carbine site where a Colt Expanse blew up. If I recall, I think the theory was it was bad ammo, but more related to this thread, I think they suggested the Colt Expanse isn't really made by Colt. Just licensed and their name stamped on it, like the Colt M4 .22lr, made by Walther/Umarex.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Which is hilarious if you look at the picture. That rifle's barrel has the M4 cut in it. Also, if you look here http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Rifles/LE6920-Series they still list the 6721.

That is funny

Uh, what? The 6721 is not made anymore?

This article mentions the 6721 being discontinued. Also talks about some rifles not being made by Colt. Expanse? It does not really say.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/934257891/COLT-AR-15-LE-6721-A3-Tactical-Carbine-LE6721-RESTRICTED-LAW-ENFORCEMENT-MILITARY-GOVERNMENT-USE-ONLY.htm

Also a thread where it is mentioned.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=4703252

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Google Fu says they are either made by Anderson or the company that has the contract for Colt Competition Rifles.

Not a Colt.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I have to buy upper medium $ socks to get XXL ones that don't fall apart within a week ( Biggfoot is not just a screen name).

And if people have to ask , I'll usually recomend a mid range AR . ( The implication is that people knowledegable enough, and skilled enough to make use of a high $$ AR, will already know, and not have to ask.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom