• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I placed an order with classic for a tok 57, on 11/28. When I check on the website it states it's ready to be picked and packaged. I called earlier in the week, and they said the same thing over the phone. It's this normal for them? This is the 1st. time I ever used them. I was hoping to have it for Christmas, so I had some time to shoot it.
    Thanks.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Maybe Ben should concentrating on filling more orders. I've noticed the warehouse guys wandering around in the background without a care in the world in the last several videos. It IS getting close to Christmas.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I called classic again today, I got a totally different response. They said they received my order and the forgot to print it out and give it to the guys in the wear house. They told me I should receive it tomorrow, but I haven't seen a email telling me it shipped. Well, I guess I'm "one and done" with classic, I'm not going to use them again.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    They said they received my order and the forgot to print it out and give it to the guys in the wear house.

KR93TA2.gif

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    One and done for me. I bought a Yugo SKS based on all of the good reviews and videos of really beautiful rifles. Paid the $20 for hand select and got a rifle not near in the condition that they show in all of the reviews. There was a big chunk of wood missing near the back of the receiver and it was quite nicked up overall. I left a review that was not completely negative, but pointed out that mine was not near as nice as the ones that that they show in the reviews. Review never showed up on the site. Now I know why all of the reviews are 5 stars. I guess they forgot to post it.:sad20:

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Well, I received a shipping notice yesterday, its soposed to show up today. If l wouldn't have called to check on my order who does how long it would have taken.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    One and done for me. I bought a Yugo SKS based on all of the good reviews and videos of really beautiful rifles. Paid the $20 for hand select and got a rifle not near in the condition that they show in all of the reviews. There was a big chunk of wood missing near the back of the receiver and it was quite nicked up overall. I left a review that was not completely negative, but pointed out that mine was not near as nice as the ones that that they show in the reviews. Review never showed up on the site. Now I know why all of the reviews are 5 stars. I guess they forgot to post it.:sad20:

You and me both. Well, mine was a Chinese SKS...

Not only did I pay the hand select, I had a written side deal with one of their employees to pick me an "extra nice" one to make up for a previous order they screwed me on. (Rusty Romanian Tokarev listed as "excellent")

My "extra nice, hand select" was so rusted, I would have been afraid to shoot it. It looked like someone rolled it around on a beach in wet sand 30 years ago then packed it away.

The employee later admitted on the phone to me that he didn't even take it out of the plastic to inspect it before he shipped it.

So, there's your "hand select"

None of my less-than-stellar reviews have ever showed up on their site.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I bought a p64 from them about 2 years ago
    The pistol was unsafe. Called them and sent it back
    The said they would pull one that matched the discussion and was safe. I got the replacement and it was in great shape.
    I find their price to be on the high side.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    The employee later admitted on the phone to me that he didn't even take it out of the plastic to inspect it before he shipped it.

So, there's your "hand select"

None of my less-than-stellar reviews have ever showed up on their site.

Yep. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'm not fond of being played for a fool, nor for bringing shame upon myself.

They had a bad reputation a few years back, but really tried to clean up their act. I was vocally supportive of them here and on another board. That lasted about two years. I don't know what changed, but something did. It became clear that they just wanted to grub for every penny, even if that meant deceiving the buyers (their hand-select sure seemed to be a scam). If a company's treatment of me comes off as being a big "Eff Ewe", they aren't getting anything from me. I don't need it. Plenty of other places to spend my cash.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    My first few experiences with them were very positive, and I always post good reviews on forums and the like when a company treats me good. I do t know what happened, but they really went downhill. These days, their prices are usually so bad I'm not even tempted to give them another shot.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom