• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I've been looking at the currently available sks's for sale recently, and I'm wondering what is the best deal out there right now. I saw J&G has some for $290, but the description says they have cracked stocks. Has anybody bought one recently and if so how bad are the stocks cracked? If it's just minor cracks I'm fine with that I could fix those. But if there are major cracks I'd be better off buying from some other supplier. Please let me know your thoughts. Also I'm just interested in the Chinese or Russian SKS's, I don't really like that yugo's, I don't like the look of the grenade launcher on the end of the barrel.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    SOG has some good ones, pay the handpick fee. Classic sent me a 56 with a cheap Albanian replacement stock. Not too happy with that.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Stay as far away from Classic as possible

I got one in the last couple months from SOG, paid handpick, and it's really nice. My dad also got one of the same ones from SOG, and his is just as nice.

I wouldn't even think about rolling the dice with J&G as long as SOG has the hand select ones for sale.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    SOG has some good ones, pay the handpick fee. Classic sent me a 56 with a cheap Albanian replacement stock. Not too happy with that.

You got lucky. The one they sent me was buried in saltwater-drenched sand for 20 years before they shipped it.

I paid hand select, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom