• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013

Hate to break it to you but half the CA gun laws got approved, the letter campaign did nothing. The only reason all of them were not approved is because the CA Governor is not stupid enough to pass things that are blatantly unconstitutional.

Some states are not salvageable at this point. No amount of money is going to get pro gun people into offices in places like MD, CA, and NY when the large majority of the population are anti gun.

Secession or just moving are much better options than throwing our money at un-electable candidates and letter writing campaigns.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Most of us will be earth worm food way before this state is turned around.

Maryland's reededumacation program starts at the age of five in the public school system.

Within two generations, most people won't even be able to spell the word "firearms" in this state, but "food stamps" will be required at every state spelling bee. Then again, maybe I'm asking too much. They will shorten food stamps to EBT. Though some will still misspell it.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'd bet the ban on lead bullets bill will be voted on in Annapolis in the upcomming GA session

What would the reasoning be for that? There aren't any condors here and the bald eagle is thriving.

Granted, the reasoning for the assault weapon ban and handgun licensing wasn't really there either, but that got passed.

Time for me to go and take some Advil to stop this headache.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The lead bullet ban in CA only applies to hunting. One can still purchase regular ammo in CA.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Most of us will be earth worm food way before this state is turned around.

Maryland's reededumacation program starts at the age of five in the public school system.

Within two generations, most people won't even be able to spell the word "firearms" in this state, but "food stamps" will be required at every state spelling bee. Then again, maybe I'm asking too much. They will shorten food stamps to EBT. Though some will still misspell it.

Funny, I'm a product of the Baltimore County Public school system yet here I am.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    What would the reasoning be for that? There aren't any condors here and the bald eagle is thriving.

Granted, the reasoning for the assault weapon ban and handgun licensing wasn't really there either, but that got passed.

Time for me to go and take some Advil to stop this headache.

The Chesapeake Bay. The children. The DelMarVa Fox Squirrel. Lead bullets were used in Newtown.

The fact that the dems in the GA hate firearms and this would be a vehicle to limit them.

Do they need a reason to pass the legislation? Was there a need for a rain tax?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Hate to break it to you but half the CA gun laws got approved, the letter campaign did nothing. The only reason all of them were not approved is because the CA Governor is not stupid enough to pass things that are blatantly unconstitutional.

Some states are not salvageable at this point. No amount of money is going to get pro gun people into offices in places like MD, CA, and NY when the large majority of the population are anti gun.

Secession or just moving are much better options than throwing our money at un-electable candidates and letter writing campaigns.

Secession won't work either........

The money and letter campaigns may eventually work, but will take YEARS, so just opt for moving. Life's too short.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    My son had a teacher in middle school last year who went off on daily rants about "gun nuts". I complained to the school but she kept at it.

Don't complain. Thats a bage of honor to them --- and it gives them credibility. Write to the school and ask for equal time -- bring in saf or some such for an assembly -- when denied ( on content) we can sue under 1a.

If a candidate is mentioned its a hatch act violation etc...

We may not win but we can make them sweat.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'd bet the ban on lead bullets bill will be voted on in Annapolis in the upcomming GA session

Possibility is not reality.

We need to identify the things we are expecting, and prepare for what we need to fight them back.

We cannot afford to be purely reactive. Addressing these things in advance will be key, but, we also need resources to call upon when we DO need to react.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    We need to identify the things we are expecting, and prepare for what we need to fight them back.

We cannot afford to be purely reactive. Addressing these things in advance will be key, but, we also need resources to call upon when we DO need to react.

I agree 100% with this.

I think Maryland is lost and will continue to get worse, regardless of what we do, how loud we are, how many people we have show up, etc. However, I have been to Masada and I am motivated by the story of 300 Spartans. I will stand and fight with every last bit of energy I have.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I agree 100% with this.

I think Maryland is lost and will continue to get worse, regardless of what we do, how loud we are, how many people we have show up, etc. However, I have been to Masada and I am motivated by the story of 300 Spartans. I will stand and fight with every last bit of energy I have.

This is the difference.

I feel we CAN make the change. But, in reality, it may take several years, even if the Gov's Manse changes hands in 2014.

It has to start somewhere, though.

As I mentioned earlier, the country as a whole is sliding "right". MD (and NY/NJ/CA/etc) are offsetting the move. Breaking the hold in one or two of those states will change it all. IMO, MD and CT are the easiest to change (which makes me feel really bad for the rest)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    I agree 100% with this.

There is a reason there were only 300 ... would have won with 3000.

Think we can get more if they think they can win? of maybe the goal is to lose. I will only show because i know we can win -- if then we lose anyway we have done well. But if we fight just to fight so we can say we did no -- that is not a fight that is posturing.

We can win. We may Lose. That is a fight.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    As I mentioned earlier, the country as a whole is sliding "right". MD (and NY/NJ/CA/etc) are offsetting the move. Breaking the hold in one or two of those states will change it all. IMO, MD and CT are the easiest to change (which makes me feel really bad for the rest)

So, this is where we differ. I think the country is moving left, and moving rapidly. To me, Virginia is already lost. In 10 years time NoVa will dominate Virginia the way MoCo, PGC, and BC dominate Maryland.

The dems are hard at work on the ground in Texas. That state will fall from the weight of illegals and major metro areas like Houston and Dallas. Once Texas becomes blue, there is no way a Republican will win the White House.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    So, this is where we differ. I think the country is moving left, and moving rapidly. To me, Virginia is already lost. In 10 years time NoVa will dominate Virginia the way MoCo, PGC, and BC dominate Maryland.

The dems are hard at work on the ground in Texas. That state will fall from the weight of illegals and major metro areas like Houston and Dallas. Once Texas becomes blue, there is no way a Republican will win the White House.

Once texas goes Blue the crisis in the $ will make the whole thing moot.

And illegals that can't get paid off do not vote the right way. :)

You are only looking at one dimension..

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    This is the difference.

I feel we CAN make the change. But, in reality, it may take several years, even if the Gov's Manse changes hands in 2014.

It has to start somewhere, though.

Do you live in the United States of Fantasy Land?

No solid blues states are changing color but solid red states are going purple and estimated to go blue within a decade. PA, VA, CO, TX, etc are all on the verge of going blue. The conservative party has killed itself by not investing in young people. Many people can get on board with fiscal conservatism but social conservatism has no place in government. Young people know this and are voting for the Democratic party in overwhelming majorities.

You also have to take into account that most young people have no money so it is in their best interest to vote for anyone that promises them free stuff. The next decade is not going to be a good one if you want the nation to swing back to convervative "values".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom