• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Winchester

Jan 28, 2013
    Lutherville
    I've recently decided to thin the herd and want to sell my very lightly used Sig 516 Patrol Gen. 2. It was one of the rifles I purchased before the ban. Now I'm wondering how to get a decent price for it without the ability to sell it to a fellow Marylander. Should I list it on MD Shooters but specify for out-of-staters only? Or, should I list it on GunBroker? I'd appreciate any suggestions or ideas y'all might have. Certainly not looking to get rich but I also don't want to sell for way under value.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Just FYI for future needs...

Any gun or magazine which is not legal for sale/ purchase/ transfer in MD may not be listed in the MDS Classifieds.

Good luck with the sale however you proceed.

Smokescreen

Knight who say Ni
    Feb 9, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    The Sig 516 is specifically listed as banned on the MD list here

I think your best option is to follow other 516's on Gunbroker and see what they are going for. If its enough for you, post yours there. Other than that, your options are limited for getting the most value out of it.

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    Not to stir up trouble - but the general consensus is a number of threads on this forum is that if the caliber was other than 5.56/.233, for AR platform - that you were good to go.. Take the above mentioned link and look at the 300blk model - its also listed as banned (copycat). Point is - I don’t think its clear as others have said and I’ve long believed this just by reviewing the MSP decisions..

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Find out how much they're selling for on Gunbroker, head over the state line to a shop in a free state, then sell on consignment. Much less headaches that way.

ironbag

Apr 6, 2018
    Gaithersburg
    Another option is Tacswap.com . I mostly use it to post parts and accessories, but a fair amount of people post firearms as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Another option is Tacswap.com . I mostly use it to post parts and accessories, but a fair amount of people post firearms as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you had good luck with that site? Is it pretty safe? There is a mount I want on there but not sure about sending a paypal blindly.

ironbag

Apr 6, 2018
    Gaithersburg
    Have you had good luck with that site? Is it pretty safe? There is a mount I want on there but not sure about sending a paypal blindly.

Yes, I’ve been selling gear and firearm parts on there for the last year, as early back as when they started on instagram. It’s not the most user-friendly interface, but it does have a national audience, which is nice.

ironbag

Apr 6, 2018
    Gaithersburg
    Also forgot to mention, the site does tell you if someone recently joined:
    3b203b9adeae9a0f1739b523906115ca.png

And will also show you if someone has been verified:
    8443376ea52641eca1eb34d26369fdb5.png

ironbag

Apr 6, 2018
    Gaithersburg
    Like I mentioned earlier, the user-interface does suck, Particularly on a mobile device. I tend to browse it on a computer so I don’t get kicked off every time I stop browsing like you mentioned happened to you. I think it worked best back when it was joined with Instagram, because then it was easy to reply to posts and send DMs to sellers. But ol’ Zuckerberg just had to put a stop to the fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom