• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    If you want your rights immediately than you need to move immediately. Sorry but MD is going to take a long long time before anything changes, if it ever happens at all.

fishertodd

ΜΟΛΏΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    May 12, 2013
    There's two mindsets at work in MD regarding 2A.

There is also another mindset at work in Maryland that you neglected to consider. It is held by patriots who are no longer willing to play "their" games and instead choose to exercise their natural, God-given rights irrespective of what our colluding, tyrannical governments might have to say about it. Just witness the massive civil disobedience occurring in CT today if you have any doubts that there are still patriots willing to take a stand for liberty.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    And let's not forget the western counties that have no representation in Annapolis.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    If you want your rights immediately than you need to move immediately. Sorry but MD is going to take a long long time before anything changes, if it ever happens at all.
    Unless there is a way to dent the population of Baltimore City and PG county, or something we can do to flip them to a more conservative way of thinking, my bet is that Maryland is lost. It has always been a liberal state, but in the last 10 years it's has gotten markedly worse, partially due to the state's stance on illegal immigration, aka undocumented or "new" Americans. These are the people who benefit from the policies put in place by the Democrat majority in the State government, so unless there is a way to convince them to vote Republican or for agenda items proffered by Republicans, we're way past the point where we can tip the scales on registration numbers alone if everyone votes on party lines.

It's a sad state of affairs here - I just wish there was a way I could get out sooner rather than later.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hey people, I'm just tired of the defeatism exhibited by folks who want what they want, right now, and tell me over and over again how terrible it all is that they can't have their candy.

It's absolutely true that there are more than two mindsets. The two I was addressing were the aforementioned whiners, and the folks in the General Assembly, who are past masters at manipulating the system to get their way. The only way to effect change is to run them out, and replace them with less aggressively closed-minded representatives. This will take time, as has been noted by others.

Like I said, if you can't stand it, there are places to go where you can have your way and contribute your voice to maintain some freedom. If you stick around, it's a lot more helpful to do something other than groan about the awfulness of MD.

If you find this alienating, so be it.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    The problem that a lot of people have is that we feel that the talkers aren't truly fighting for our rights. Many of us feel that the talkers simply have a mission of pulling all the frogs back in the boiling pot and calmly whispering, "Don't jump, now isn't the time." Many of us feel those people are almost as bad as the bastards in Annapolis bc they stifle our movement.
    Almost exactly a year ago during the run up to SB281, I had a conversation with Brooklyn over the proper course. I stand by my statements and I feel history has proven me correct. My comment was directed at Brooklyn but I didn't mean it to be personal. I was really directing it at all those who feel politely discussing a topic with people who have no respect for you is a useful endeavor. That it is the only method to be employed. While testifying in front of them and writing them letters keeps us active and in the news, it can't be our primary focus. Our unifying primary purpose and goal must be to vote them out of office. That is the only thing we should be concerning ourselves with. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. We already showed up in numbers, we already testified, we already wrote letters. It didn't amount to a warm bucket of piss when they voted on the bill. So we need to have a burning, unwavering commitment to voting them out and devoting 100% of our resources to accomplishing that goal.

Here is what I wrote a year ago:
    "You have used your preferred method to speak to them. In short time we will know one way or the other if they listened. If they go ahead and vote this law in, then myself, and many others, will have proof that your process doesn't work. This is your put up or shut up time. No need to argue the point since reality is going to give us the answer very shortly.

If this passes, at that point if you want to spend a decade fighting in court to get it overturned then God bless you and I hope you succeed. Just don't call it a "win" if we have been deprived of our rights for a decade and then they mercifully allow us to have what should never have been taken.

To clarify, many of us are jaded and feel the fix is in. In spite of that, we are still emailing, calling, spreading the word, and showing up at gatherings. However some people only believe in talking. The only tool they have in their box is talking. So you are on notice- you had better make sure your "classy" talking actually makes a difference. BC if it doesn't, then a number of us are going to be telling you to stfu and quit wasting our time with your bureaucratic distinguished ********. I'm rooting for you- I sincerely mean that. However your window of opportunity for making a difference is rapidly shrinking.

In the mean time, we need to be organizing and figuring out a way to vote the sponsors of this bill out regardless of how this vote goes. As long as they are in politics, they are a danger to our basic rights. We can't keep fighting this every year- we need to vote them out so that future bills aren't introduced at all."

Last edited:

It won't happen. Period. Even a Supreme Court decision will not get you shall-issue in this state. This state defies the laws of physics when it comes to stuff like gun rights. Democrats in this state can perform the legal-equivalent of successfully dividing by zero and getting "11" every time when it comes to making sure you poor stubborn bastards here won't have a single gun you can legally own two decades from now.

Moving is the only option you guys have.

Get out. Let the libtards, illegals and welfare parasites fight over the rotting corpse of this state. Leave it to them, they've earned it.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Fact is the Md legislature has become comfortably numb to any opposition.

Engaging them to undo their numbness has been an exercise in futility.

That only leaves their comfort level to be addressed.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Attachments

• 30SOT_trailer_30_MGM_credit.jpg
      30SOT_trailer_30_MGM_credit.jpg
      43.7 KB · Views: 199

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    It won't happen. Period. Even a Supreme Court decision will not get you shall-issue in this state. This state defies the laws of physics when it comes to stuff like gun rights. Democrats in this state can perform the legal-equivalent of successfully dividing by zero and getting "11" every time when it comes to making sure you poor stubborn bastards here won't have a single gun you can legally own two decades from now.

Moving is the only option you guys have.

Get out. Let the libtards, illegals and welfare parasites fight over the rotting corpse of this state. Leave it to them, they've earned it.

Not so fast ...

IL, like MD, is another case in point, but they are in defensive mode now. However, it took a LONG time for that to happen.

I see the situation in CT 'may' have bearing on what we do here, especially if State Police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance's comments come to fruition. The 'next' shot heard round the world ? :innocent0

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Not so fast ...

IL, like MD, is another case in point, but they are in defensive mode now. However, it took a LONG time for that to happen.

I see the situation in CT 'may' have bearing on what we do here, especially if State Police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance's comments come to fruition. The 'next' shot heard round the world ? :innocent0

This. I've lived next to Illinois for 24 of my 33 years on this rock. They've been no-issue as far back as I can remember. The permitting process is typically bureaucratic, but it's there. For someone who has lived in IN, VA, and MO; it's a pain in the ass. But for someone who has lived in IL most of their life (like a few of my coworkers), they will gladly navigate the process because they can finally carry.

Maryland will go the same way. How long has there been an active fight against Frosh and his ilk? 10 years? It's going to take time and effort. But it will get done so long as people are willing to continue the fight.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    This. I've lived next to Illinois for 24 of my 33 years on this rock. They've been no-issue as far back as I can remember. The permitting process is typically bureaucratic, but it's there. For someone who has lived in IN, VA, and MO; it's a pain in the ass. But for someone who has lived in IL most of their life (like a few of my coworkers), they will gladly navigate the process because they can finally carry.

Maryland will go the same way. How long has there been an active fight against Frosh and his ilk? 10 years? It's going to take time and effort. But it will get done so long as people are willing to continue the fight.

I started going to Annapolis to fight this crap since shortly after you were born.

I have yet to see where we have made any progress on gun rights. People have claimed progress but nobody will give me any details either.

By progress I mean getting back more than we gave up NOT not giving up as much as they wanted.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Bob, it's an interesting post and makes a lot of sense from an idealistic point of view, but the sad fact is, very little has anything to do with idealism.

I thought we did that last February and March. I know I did anyway, and thousands of others did too. How far did it get us?

This sounds like a great idea - it truly does. The reality though is that even if every single one of us on this board went and changed our registration to Democrat and voted against the incumbents and bad candidates, it simply isn't enough people to make a difference.

I'd do this if I could, or more realistically, PA, but like others, I have commitments here and it's just not feasible right now - maybe in a few years, but not anytime soon...unless I win the lottery, but I have about as much chance of winning the lottery as the DINOs do of making a real difference in this state.

Bob, there's a big difference between being a defeatist and being realistic to the situation, and the reality is, this state is lost unless we can find a way to convince the masses that the politicians they keep voting into office aren't really doing them any favors, but how can we do that when those politicians keep authorizing more give-aways, granting amnesty to "new Americans," and otherwise keep passing legislation that keeps the majority suckling at the teat of a Democrat run government?

I like your passion and fervor, and in a perfect world that kind of thinking and action might have some impact, but this is Marylandistan - even if the tide can be turned, we're not talking a year or two, but rather decades. It's a worthy fight, but it's easier to move elsewhere.

Yes, defeatist versus realist. Even the military knows when to retreat the troops in order to avoid waste of resources and to fight again. One must always be able to face the fact of a totally superior force in any given situation, then ask if if a suicide charge will do any good. Nationally the battles are being won. Realistically will there be hope for Maryland ever?

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Yes, defeatist versus realist. Even the military knows when to retreat...Realistically will there be hope for Maryland ever?

No there won't be.

When an urban supermajority runs the state it will vote for the state over their own freedom.

Look across the rest of the country for other examples.

New York, New Jersey, California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, what do they all have in common?? All have major urban supermajorities where most of the people live and are districted as such to support it meaning more votes in their state legislatures.

People in urban settings don't care for guns because they don't want them. Why hunt?? I can go to the supermarket. Why target shoot? I can play a video game that can do almost the same thing or do hundreds of other things to occupy my time. Why defend myself? The police will protect me. :sad20:. Why have an evil black rifle with "high capacity magazines"? Only the military, police, and psychos use or WANT them.

That is the mindset you all know that we are dealing with. I too know this growing up in Montgomery County, the main source for all of our woes when a supermajority runs the state. If any of you are scared look at Montgomery County that is our country's future. Be very scared.....:mad54:

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    I started going to Annapolis to fight this crap since shortly after you were born.

I have yet to see where we have made any progress on gun rights. People have claimed progress but nobody will give me any details either.

By progress I mean getting back more than we gave up NOT not giving up as much as they wanted.

Fair enough. My experience is limited to the time I spent in MD. Also, IL had the advantage of Richard M. Daley choosing to step down. Rahm Emmanuel may think he's shit hot, but the guy simply doesn't have the statewide connections that Daley did to squash pro-2A legislation.

MD still has an overwhelming number of connected antis who will cover for each other simply to remain ungainfully employed. It's a bitter uphill struggle to maintain the laws as is, trying to gain traction seemingly requires miracles.

Still don't believe it to be a lost cause. But I'm a Browncoat at heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom