• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    A co-worker just told me today that his pre-stay app was just returned, and a new check cut to him from MSP, as they had already cashed his. He applied right after Wollard, but before the temp stay.

MH

Ok, looks like the MSP is catching on.......

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    A co-worker just told me today that his pre-stay app was just returned, and a new check cut to him from MSP, as they had already cashed his. He applied right after Wollard, but before the temp stay.

MH

Submission date, received date, reason, etc. would be very helpful.
    Lose of fingerprint fees!

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Ok, looks like the MSP is catching on.......

It would still seem like a troublesome action to take. I realize they CAN do this under the terms of the stay, but should they? Does it increase the likelihood of ticking off the court (both Legg and CA4) while they are in the process of arguing the reasons for a permanent stay?

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    It would still seem like a troublesome action to take. I realize they CAN do this under the terms of the stay, but should they? Does it increase the likelihood of ticking off the court (both Legg and CA4) while they are in the process of arguing the reasons for a permanent stay?

It's a dumb move on their part, but all these returns are a dumb move. Dumb and dumber. Smacks of desperation, a political agenda, or both.

Phillip

Mar 28, 2012
    Doesn't the law require them to process the paperwork and give you a Permit/No Permit ? Sending it back seems illegal. Then again, I'm not a lawyer.

Can you deliver the permit application in person?

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    What a clusterf&*&. So now we have several application scenarios.

1- App sent in after Woolard pre stay. MSP processing and interviewing (Disposition: Who knows. Maybe on path to denial)

2- App sent in after Woolard pre stay. Check cashed but no word from MSP (Disposition: Unkown..sitting on apps perhaps.)

3- App sent in after Woolard pre stay. Check cashed but new check cut by MSP and returned with app. (Disposition: Defacto denial)

4- App sent in post stay. Check and apps returned. (Disposition: Defacto denial)

MH

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    What a clusterf&*&. So now we have several application scenarios.

1- App sent in after Woolard pre stay. MSP processing and interviewing (Disposition: Who knows. Maybe on path to denial)

2- App sent in after Woolard pre stay. Check cashed but no word from MSP (Disposition: Unkown..sitting on apps perhaps.)

3- App sent in after Woolard pre stay. Check cashed but new check cut by MSP and returned with app. (Disposition: Defacto denial)

4- App sent in post stay. Check and apps returned. (Disposition: Defacto denial)

#3 is not comfirmed yet, just a friend of a friend conversation.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    It's a dumb move on their part, but all these returns are a dumb move. Dumb and dumber. Smacks of desperation, a political agenda, or both.

Oh well, if mine comes back in the latest manner (new check issued by MSP), I will just pick up the phone and call SAF for guidance.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Would like more confirmation. Please PM me or email me at patrick@marylandshallissue.org, please.

Thx.

If this is true and like the other apps, we're looking at an avalanche of mailings from MSP going our the same day. So we would expect more postings telling the same story in 3...2...1...

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

MH

That's total crap on MSP's part, seems to me like they are spitting on the judges ruling and they don't care who knows.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    It seems like they are actually afraid of "disapproving" them right now. They would rather send back the money then put the red stamp on it. Kinda makes me wonder why.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I gave him Patrick's contact info here, and told him to PM him, asafp.

He is a member here, though only on occassionally.

He told me that he applied in the days right after Wollard. Definately before the temp stay. We've been comparing notes, so I do know that he went through the interview, check cashed, etc. I didn't think to ask when he got his refusal letter/app returned.

MH

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I gave him Patrick's contact info here, and told him to PM him, asafp.

He is a member here, though only on occassionally.

He told me that he applied in the days right after Wollard. Definately before the temp stay. We've been comparing notes, so I do know that he went through the interview, check cashed, etc. I didn't think to ask when he got his refusal letter/app returned.

MH

Damn.. they send him a refund even after a interview. they think that refunding the check does not qualify as disapproved. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom