• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Bone Frog Gun Club has a few calibers of HST ammo for $17.50 per 50 round box. Shipping adds about $3/box. I find that I shoot my self defense ammo quite a bit more accurately than cheap Remington or WWB and at this price I've decided that I might just practice with HST vs the $0.20/rd stuff.

https://www.bonefroggunclub.com/collections/ammunition

Their ammo seems mostly limited to 9mm, 45 ACP and 223/5.56. I ordered from them a little over a week ago and they shipped the next day. It took one week for the ammo to arrive from their place in Las Vegas.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Target sports USA had 124 grain HST for $380 per case, free shipping. Maybe it's still on sale?

I've ordered smaller quantities from bone frog, but if you're going to need more for practice, you can get a few cents cheaper.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Target sports USA had 124 grain HST for $380 per case, free shipping. Maybe it's still on sale?

I've ordered smaller quantities from bone frog, but if you're going to need more for practice, you can get a few cents cheaper.

Good to know. Bone Frog shipping on 20 boxes of 124gr HST is only $36, total $386. Bone Frog shipping on a case of 147gr is $32, total $382, versus Target Sports USA sale price on 147gr of $400 w/free ship.

At Bone Frog you can by 5 boxes of HST for $15 shipping, total $103.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    For what it's worth a member bought boxes from him and posted they were very dirty. You can even see in the picture the ammo appears to have build up on the ammo.

Federal took the ammo back and sent him no ammo if I recall.

Probably won't hurt function but Federal took the rounds back.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    For what it's worth a member bought boxes from him and posted they were very dirty...

The ammo I received appears to be factory fresh, nickel plated brass, HST. Indistinguishable from my other HST ammo.

I saw the bad reviews from a few years ago, but the reviews from the past couple of years have had the same good experience I had. Of course, if you don't want to risk buying ammo sight unseen, then go to your LGS and drop $25.99 + tax for a box of 20.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    The ammo I received appears to be factory fresh, nickel plated brass, HST. Indistinguishable from my other HST ammo.

I saw the bad reviews from a few years ago, but the reviews from the past couple of years have had the same good experience I had. Of course, if you don't want to risk buying ammo sight unseen, then go to your LGS and drop $25.99 + tax for a box of 20.

I'm not telling anyone want to do just making them aware.

If you zoom in on the picture of his site you see the "dirty" that was talked about.

As always buyer be ware.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I typically default to TargetSportsUSA, The Armory, and SGAmmo if the price difference is only a few dollars since I've done business with them for years and always been happy. Most of the time they are the cheapest for what I buy. That said, a good sale is a good sale and I'm happy to try new places that show up on Ammoseek or elsewhere. I've ordered 9mm Federal HST from Bone Frog Gun Club in the past year and I have no complaints about condition of the ammo or their service. Prompt shipping for good ammo in good condition at a reasonable price. Can't ask for much more.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    If you zoom in on the picture of his site you see the "dirty" that was talked about.

OK. I actually try to listen to others (versus just waiting to speak). So I dumped out all 6 boxes of HST ammo I bought and looked them over. Some of the cases do have "dirt" on them (more like machine grease). So I dumped out a box of HST I had bought locally and saw the same "dirt" on the nickel cases. I pulled out what's left of some Critical Duty I had and their cases are shiny clean.

So I took some pics. The new HST from Bone frog is on the right (124gr, qty 50), the Critical Duty is in the middle, and the old (147gr, locally purchased) is on the left. One of the new HST's had a bit of grease on the bottom of the cartridge, so I put that by itself in the corner of the plastic ammo carrier.

Attachments

• HST_ammo_1_2017-03-14.jpg
      HST_ammo_1_2017-03-14.jpg
      82.4 KB · Views: 399
    • HST_ammo_2_2017-03-14.jpg
      HST_ammo_2_2017-03-14.jpg
      82.1 KB · Views: 394

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    BTW, shipping for 20 boxes is only about $5 more than shipping for 10 boxes. This brings the cost per case to less than $0.39 per round.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    fyi at chantilly show today, pretty sure i saw some hst 9mm in the $19-21/box of 50 range, and def saw some higher than this

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    fyi at chantilly show today, pretty sure i saw some hst 9mm in the $19-21/box of 50 range, and def saw some higher than this

last show all i could find was +p , I prefer the standard loads. The gold dots at Chantilly last show were between 20 and 30 a box

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Outdoor limited has similar pricing when they put it on sale, which is all the time.. lol

Think I paid $17.50/box of 50 last time I ordered 147gr/9's from them.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Good to know about bone frog. I had seen them pop up but had never heard of them before. Thanks

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD

Thanks for the heads-up. I picked up another handful of boxes for $20/box at the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom